Swamp Theme Expansion - You choose the content!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
Jetti should be renamed to Jetty.

More remixes of the Jetty. Maybe just include the planks as single props,a nd the posts and rails, so we can make our own?

Rope to secure the boat to a jetty (rope texture for move_rope?)
A pole to pole your boat along?

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Jetti should be renamed to Jetty.

More remixes of the Jetty. Maybe just include the planks as single props,a nd the posts and rails, so we can make our own?

Rope to secure the boat to a jetty (rope texture for move_rope?)
A pole to pole your boat along?

Can't go renaming props, its too late now you'll just have to put up with it like the fluoescent lights.... lol

pole... brushes man brushes!

Lord Ned

Feb 11, 2008
Can't go renaming props, its too late now you'll just have to put up with it like the fluoescent lights.... lol

pole... brushes man brushes!

No thanks... I'd like to maybe make the pole not straight up.

And they can too change the prop name. People who've released maps would have pakratted it, and those that haven't can notice it easily.

Or just add a duplicate named "jetty" and have the sub-parts I lised above under "jetty".

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
I would like to make another remark, to whomever made the Jetti model (I think Icy Mouse):

First off, I absolutely love you for making this. Especially after the mediocre sawmill props which were a nightmare to tile (not adhering to multiples of 8, clipping if rotated certain ways, support beams only on one side, et cetera), this prop's ease of use is magnificent. Finally, a convenient all-purpose prop for making walkways - such as ones across the swamp as is intended in my contest entry.

However, I have a bit of a request. As great as this is, do you think you could make some in 128 and/or 256 length variants? That is, with more wooden board/post variety, because as useful as the current one is, the repetition is a bit much. Another possibility would possibly be to make two more 64 unit versions, with different post/board layouts (like the wooden fences used in dustbowl).

Just throwing it out there. The prop is great, but it'd be even better if I could use it in excess without getting severe deja vu. :)

Lord Ned

Feb 11, 2008
Like:
7OakPole.jpg

But more natural and TF2y?

Maybe wrap some tape around the middle.

Last edited:

Vigilante212

Dec 21, 2008
Outhouse with cresent moon shped window in the door.
Muddy road overlay kinda like the desert one in the valve pack.
Animated or static catfish model.
Old looking rocking chair.
Stick fishing pole.
Banjo.
Gator Wraslin' 25c sign
Wooden pig cutout.
Wooden trough
Old style washing mashine
Those old style undergarments with the flap in the back that men used to wear, would look funny hanigng on a line :)

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
Remember, Swamp != Redneck.

I don't really see any "redneck" suggestions here. There's some things rednecks may also use, but I have a grill I don't think that makes me redneck. :confused:

Only really redneck one's I see are outhouse and gator wrastlin', and outhouse was already in a map with a desert theme so I think it seems pretty Valve to make one of the slightly less redneck props mentioned.

Also hate to say it, but yeah, the swamp is commonly associated with rednecks. It may be stereotypical, but this is TF2 we're talking about.

I do believe nature props have a higher priority than household objects though.

Ninjilla

Sep 13, 2008
- Maybe the old washing tools of the metal bucket and the metal washing sheet? (the wavy one they rubbed the clothes on). I will elaborate if I need too.

- Fishing rods (old wood, chipping)

- Hook (not a fishing hook, a hook that you would attach to a chain and drag stuff around with a truck, many uses!)

- grimey muddy shovel (could you just make it a skin of the regular shovel?)

- Greasy grimey truck engine (maybe for a scene outside the map to look like someone was working on the truck)

- Bell (attaches to a wall or ceiling? Used to call the boy's in at supper :p)

- boat gibs! these would be awesome!

Thats all Ive got.

III_Demon

L2: Junior Member
Sep 28, 2008
needs more of that silly character that makes TF2 fun. things like banjoes and the gator cutouts are great. more goofy redneck stuff, or more of the 'swamp horror' stuff that fits nicely with the old cold war era TF2 stuff. i looked around for a few images that might inspire, these are the sorts of things i'm thinking - some of them would be great ideas to base poster overlays on, too:

http://www.wrongsideoftheart.com/wp-content/gallery/posters-s/strangler_of_swamp_poster_01.jpg
http://www.pulpfictiononline.com/horror-comics-covers/strange_tales_08.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dWf2y6gBg...oag4/s800/louisiana_hussy_poster_01_phixr.jpg

the skull on a stick here would be a great prop:
http://www.yammeringmagpie.com/catalog/images/swamp-water.jpg

and of course kermit. :p
http://images.absoluteanime.com/reviews/muppet_movies/muppet_movie--01.jpg

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
A door that fits the theme. For a random house or something

E: Question, will it be allowed to use anything that gets made before 25th in the contest?

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
I've made a simple clipped version of my water which looks fine ingame and keeps the water out of my boats. :)

Sharc

L1: Registered
Jun 11, 2009
-A real alligator so it can be used as a environmental hazard like the trains and saws to instant kill.

-Weeds/Ferns

-Cat tails/Typha

-Moss?

-Perhaps rotten bridges or walkways?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
One of those rusty-half broken street-light like things that you can set to flicker to increse the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.