Strata

TC Strata (version 538) b1c

Nytillion

L1: Registered
Jun 29, 2012
It would probably fit best if it was a banner of Saxton Hale and the dinosaurs fighting each other.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I dunno. The obviously-resized-and-badly-JPEG'd Steam Screenshots image is a big part of this, but the round building looks too low-poly to me, at least on the outside. I'm interested in seeing how it would look if you doubled the faces.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Steam told me it didn't uploads. weird.

@Frozen that's the kind of thing I was thinking of. Not sure if the artist in me is up to it though

@yyler no to hanging banners or saxton hale fighting dinosaurs?

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
@Frozen that's the kind of thing I was thinking of. Not sure if the artist in me is up to it though

It might be possible, but what to put on them I don't know. It'd be really cool to have, but I don't know how you could get them to work with the artstyle.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
MORE MEDIA. FEED ME MORE MEDIA
strata_red_end_5.JPG

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
@yyler no to hanging banners or saxton hale fighting dinosaurs?

Hanging banners sure, but not ones of Saxton Hale fighting dinosaurs. It sounds like something that would be in a SPUF built trade map.

RaVaGe

aa
Jun 23, 2010
So I opened Strata in the new SFM hammer to take a look around, I must have hit ctrl+s by mistake and then I could no longer open it in Source MP hammer. So no problem I think to myself, I'll just copy some files over and then work in SFM. This goes well for a few days until I try to compile, I find that SFM uses BSP version 21 and TF2 won't open anything beyond BSP version 20.

"Oh no!" I cry.

"I am doomed" I cry.

Then I remember about a little tool called VBCT that might save my skin. I hastened to download it and try it out. In a few short minutes I'm back up and running with a version 20 BSP. My skin is saved.

"Hooray" I sigh in relief. "To celebrate, I'll post a screenshot!" I exclaim joyously.

Then I came to the forums to post such a screenshot.

"O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" I chortle in my joy

strata_red_end_3.JPG

I don't like this building, you got a totally rounded shape at the middle, and on the border it's horribly straight, do everything rounded or don't do it

Like diz (excuse my paint skill)

strata_red_end_3.JPG

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
So I opened Strata in the new SFM hammer to take a look around, I must have hit ctrl+s by mistake and then I could no longer open it in Source MP hammer. So no problem I think to myself, I'll just copy some files over and then work in SFM. This goes well for a few days until I try to compile, I find that SFM uses BSP version 21 and TF2 won't open anything beyond BSP version 20.

"Oh no!" I cry.

"I am doomed" I cry.

Might be too late to be of use to you, but it appears it's only certain entities that cause problems when going from SFM Hammer to TF2 Hammer. I made the same mistake you did, and was able to recover from it by deleting everything except world geometry and brush entities and saving to a new vmf.

Was able to do the same thing with lights and props.

The only thing left to try was cubemaps, player spawns, and environment entities (such as fog and skybox lighting) but I had an old backup I could C&P those from so I didn't bother isolating further.

Once I did that, I was able to open the vmf in TF2 Hammer and merge everything into a new map file.

SFM Hammer is a lot better than TF2 Hammer, but I learned my lesson not to mess around with it.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Wow I didn't think anyone would have isolated what the format inconsistencies are yet, good work. Though I don't need to port it back to Multiplayer Source Hammer now it's good to know.

Ravage I hear you and I agree it very well could look better being much more curved but for this version I'm going to leave it as it is currently so I can get it done sooner. I may revisit it later and curve it up more.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Red base is now about 2-3 hours from completion with Blue base only 2-3 days away.

THE END IS NEAR. AND IT CONTAINS DINOSAURS.
strata_red_end_8.JPG

Oct 6, 2008
LOL if you could animate the dinos to bite at the players on the cp - that would be AWESOME!