Stockpile

Stockpile B2

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Also I'm going to disagree with Blob: don't remove the midboxes. Snipers are good there, but can't see everywhere always, and as the three exits to mid are in totally different places, will get killed easily. I think it's a good way to let other classes on there and keeping the balance.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Things I might change for a11:

- Put health and ammo in other places + make them smaller (some medium ones -> small ones)
- Remove boxes at the middle building (?)
- Try to find something to fix overpowered sentries at middle
- Team which's holding the middle = overpowered ?

And if you played a10 please post your feedback and/or opinion! :)

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I really enjoyed this map. I'd say the imbalance was caused by teams more then anything.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You gotta look at it like this: Any team that takes a hold of the middle with engineers is probably A) deserving of exploiting the fact that they managed this and B) are generally playing better than the team that is turtling and allowed this to happen in the first place. I have no sympathy for a team on 2fort that allows the enemy to put up 3 sentries outside their base and then goes on to moan about it for the duration of this event.

reduce access to ammo in the middle if need be, provide it on the battlements if you have to. Allow people to stock up on ammo when they access the enemy base. Or at least limit ammo to the small ones. engineer bases in the middle shouldn't be an issue for comp ctf. Sentries in the middle is just the nature of 24+ player pub ctf.

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Ok I will go straight to b1 now. :D

Changes I will be making for b1:

- Remove railings from the pipe model
- Change the health/ammo packs at the battlements
- Remove boxes at middle
- Find something better for boxes at the intel area, or I might just leave them as they are
- Detail whole map
- Optimize better
- 3D-skybox
- .. and other tiny changes ^^

If you have other feedback, feel free to tell me! :D

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Since this is a comp map, don't make it hard for Medics to get around. The pipe is a great escape route for Demomen, Soldiers and Scouts, but the Medic will have to do some super annoying precision jumping if he wants to follow them. Make the jumps simpler or get the stairs back in there.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah as you noticed I didn't come online the last week anymore, and didn't work on stockpile either. The saturday before last saturday my pc got broken, and 3 days after that I went to Barcelona. Now in Barcelona my internet is working, but for some odd reason steam says it can't connect to internet. :( I will be back next saturday, and than hopefully have enough time left-over to make b1.

Btw, if you have any ideas to fix this problem, please tell me. >.<

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Your map got featured in a 4v4 frag video, thought you'd like to see that.

Also a good reason to put the stairs at the intel back in, I guess.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H01n5FFrbb8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- TF2Quads 4v4 OvD CTF Promo[/nomedia]

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Some screenshots of the next version:

ctf_stockpile_a110003.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110006.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110007.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110008.jpg

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
You can expect a new version tomorrow if Mick-a-nator manages to fix the skins on a custom granary-pipe-without-rails-model. :)

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
wow, that comes unexpected. you really really turned that thing into a full glory beauty piece :D
congrats on your huuuuge improvements through the develeopment of this map !

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Today is the day that I can finally release a fully detailled version of Stockpile (a11)! :D Next version will definately be b1, this version will be to check for final bugs and things I have to change.

Download!

TF2Maps
Dropbox

Screenshots!

ctf_stockpile_a110017.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110018.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110019.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110020.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110021.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110022.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110023.jpg

ctf_stockpile_a110024.jpg

And ofcourse, the changelog!

02/05/2010: A11:

-Changed healthpacks at battlements
-Changed boxes at mid so you can't get up the middle building anymore if you don't have special jump abilities
-Changed the way to get on the pipe in the intel area
-Detailled full map
-Added 3D skybox
-..and much bugfixes

Have fun! :D