Stockpile

Stockpile B2

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Super sexy. The blend texture in the intel room has done wonders. :)

Connect_Four

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2009
Just did a 6v6 on it. Well, it turned into 5v5 when 2 people ragequit after 5 minutes, which was pretty gay and unsupportive. It looks very nice, and the only problem I could pull out from that flawed test was this:

ctfstockpilea110001.jpg

That ledge is too high to walk up, therefore you have to jump up. Just a little annoyance I kept experiencing.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
What C4 said plus the sink room is still too empty. I'd say you could just "fill" the whole area behind the doorway opposite the sink with like a light and some crates behind a fenced-off area or something.

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
ctf_stockpile_a110023.jpg

I'm not too hot about these ramps. If the access to the pipe is going to be easy, why not just have stairs in the first place? This seems to be complicating it without reason. As for the rest of the intel yard, looking forward to seeing the pipe without a fence, it would benefit it a lot.
ctfstockpilea100000.jpg

Just fill this up and block it off. It seems a weird spot to be able to hide.

ctfstockpilea100001.jpg

This entrance is rather hard to see, might want to put a light directly behind it.

ctfstockpilea110003.jpg

A scout only JUST can't make the jump from the concrete to the top of the roof. This is rather frustrating if you're trying to get around quickly. Consider slightly lowering the roof or moving the concrete a few centimeters forward.

The boxes in that same screenshot - I must say I'd like it better when any class can get on that roof. That way, going to grab the half-health kit is a genuine disadvantage and danger, plus it would cater the soldier-demoman-scout setup a little less (contrary to popular belief, competitive players actually like to have some variation!).

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
CTF Stockpile B1 has been released! (Woooooooo-)

This is the first time I ever manage to release a B1 (of decent quality)! :D

Download (Updated to B1a)

TF2Maps
Dropbox

Screenshots!

ctf_stockpile_b10030.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10035.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10036.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10031.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10032.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10034.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10033.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10037.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10038.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10039.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10040.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10041.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10042.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10043.jpg

ctf_stockpile_b10044.jpg

Changelog!

05/05/2010: B1:

-Several detailling bugfixes over the whole map
-Did put the boxes at the middle back so classes without special jumping abilities can also get on the middle building

Have fun!

Edit:

Updated to B1a because HDR and cubemaps weren't working properly

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
05/05/2010: B1a:

-Fixed HDR and cubemaps not working properly

Download:

TF2Maps
Dropbox

Edit:

To show what was wrong:

B1:

ctf_stockpile_b10035.jpg

B1a:

ctf_stockpile_b1a0000.jpg

Put them next to eachother and you'll see that the second one looks nicer. :)

Last edited:

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Well, I havent player this map since a3 (I think i havnt played tf2 since i played a3)

But last play blu was camping reds intel and vice versa...

Oh and most tf2m players are n00bs :\ getting killed by a mouseless person j/k

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
It was fun map to play on and had it moments of glory, sadly you fell for same trap as Alaska and have big medkit in the middle. Scout goes in base, grabs intel, gets shot and grabs med, then he scores and repeat.
Remove the medkit or turn it to small, and you have solid gameplay.

ctf_stockpile_b10044.jpg

^ I find it weird having two intel tables in one intel room.

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
I think some people might have played the beta by now. Any thoughts or feedback? :)

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
It was fun map to play on and had it moments of glory, sadly you fell for same trap as Alaska and have big medkit in the middle. Scout goes in base, grabs intel, gets shot and grabs med, then he scores and repeat.
Remove the medkit or turn it to small, and you have solid gameplay.

This!
No matter what, that medkit always ends up favoring one carrying the intel.
It would be good thing if it wasn't medium. (Small, make it small! :cursing: )

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
So now the contest is over I'll be making a Beta 2 soon. :)

I'll try to fix the room with the 2 big doors in. First thing I will try is removing the big door at the side of the intel area and see how that plays. If you have other ideas how to make this more fun, please tell me. :)

I need some opinions on the medium healthpack at the middle though. Some people say it's good that it is a medium for the battles there. But some say it's bad because scouts can pick it up while returning to their base with the intel. So, opinions on that please. :D

If you found any bugs, or areas that are badly detailled or underdetailled, you can ofcourse tell me, and please add a screenshot if you can, this would be very handy. :)

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
http://imgur.com/JOdYL.jpg
http://imgur.com/lI58j.jpg
http://imgur.com/l4ddc.jpg
could use a light

http://imgur.com/QhS0Y.jpg
http://imgur.com/aHvt1.jpg
http://imgur.com/9Yhon.jpg
(and many more like it) could use clipping, competitive players don't like when their duel is decided by an iffy prop

http://imgur.com/D5yws.jpg
needs a roof

other notes:
- make something cool out of what's currently a pipe and something more crazy out of the intel buildings
- spice up spawn yard with truck/something else?

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Beta 2 has been released!

Download!

TF2Maps
Dropbox

Changelog!

05/07/2010: B2:

-Removed big door at the side of the intel area
-Made a lot of brushes func detail
-Improved optimisation
-Several lightning fixes and playerclipping fixes
-Moved health+ammo at intel to the kinda useless sideroute behind a container in the intel area

I won't be editing the pipe because that is a major gameplay aspect in this map. If I would remove it I will have to start balancing a lot of things again and then were the past months quite useless. I will be editing the 'big door room' though since a lot of people hate it. I now tried something by removing the door at the intel area, if this doesn't work I will try something else.

And if there aren't any new bugs I will probably just improve optimisation a little more and then release an RC. :)

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Bump for the test we had.

I didn't notice any bugs? And the big doors room played better than before now I think.

Please post your opinions and/or feedback. :)

Mr.Late

L7: Fancy Member
Nov 27, 2009
IMO this map looks... AWESOME. I really like it. It have really nice lighting and all. It made me happy.

I didn't manage to play it very much, but I found one place you could clip.
ctf_stockpile_b20000.jpg

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Are there any other bugs found yet? Except detailing it more, do I have to change/add/fix anything else than more detailing in B3?

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
Honestly? change the pipe and boxes area in the intel rooms to something which plays the same but is made of more natural looking brushes and don't have an annoying little fence and/or wooden planks to get on to

that's all really

EDIT: actually I thought of some more stuff, will do a bigger post tomorrow

Last edited: