Staff: Looking for applications!

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
I was considering posting an application thingy but realised I haven't been active in ages.

Can't wait to see if any brand new admins are added (Idolon hopefully) and the changes that will come! (and more admins to be able to pester at ungodly hours)

Sep 7, 2012
Hi
I used to run imps
I should have more time than usual this summer to run more imps
I won't run your map if it contains train_flatcar_container.mdl
That's about it

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
I won't run your map if it contains train_flatcar_container.mdl
That's about it

Well, looks like koth_train_flatcar_container won't be getting tested.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Add Frontier and Process to that list.

Really, train_flatcar_container just makes good maps. There's literally no denying it.

At least in badlands they're not in the playable area, and they're on the flatcars they were meant to be on, not littered willy-nilly around the map for some cluck to put a control point on top of.

h8rs gonna h8

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
At least in badlands they're not in the playable area, and they're on the flatcars they were meant to be on, not littered willy-nilly around the map for some cluck to put a control point on top of.

... arent they right next to the point?

Sep 7, 2012
Lol what am I thinking there aren't even any on badlands, only barrels on the trains.

I don't have anything against the trains, it's the damn flatcar containers.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
Quick, those who applied, give Crash thanks! Brownie Points all around!

Last edited:

PC's_Frank

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 29, 2012
I'd love to have that position, but, I'm currently conducting research for a thesis regarding the American Civil War. It eats up much of my free time. That having been said, I am quite enthusiastic about this site. I come here at least once a day, if I can manage it.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I was also prodded to apply here.

You all know me by this point I'm sure. I've been mostly active on the forums and chat since 2009. I have, with a brief hiatus (related to restructuring the steam group) been a chat mod for many years where I hosted many impromptus and other events (Such as the first map day...we should do that again), contests such as the most recent detail contest. I feel I've also contributed a lot to the community through things like organizing the Japan pack and guides for modelling and such.

I have interest in doing more of these events in the future and I also think my input on things like the running of the map showcase, design of the website and contest organisation (just ask frozen how right I was over the last few contests...)

I don't get much of a chance to play in gamedays or impromptus anymore as they're usually outside of my timezone as well, and I'd like to have the ability to organize some more late night tests that I myself can participate in. And having finished my tertiary education I've got tonnes of free time. With the recent restructuring of site administration I feel it would be a good time to apply again.

I haven't mapped as much recently due to going through some personal issues and finishing university but unless my computer explodes again I plan to continue participating in the community.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
I don't like applying for staff positions because it feels like I'm trying to get power. But the responsibilities listed in Crash's original post make it sound like it would be more about helping people, and I like to help people. I used to be a bit reluctant to get too much in to this community because I had heard that it could be a bit cruel. But I realise that if I am serious about investing time in level design, beginning with TF2, then this is probably the best place for me.

I am concerned about the future of this organisation given the age of the game it's based on. I'd like to know that it's ready to adapt and change to stay relevant and useful, and being inside the organisation is a good way to help ensure that happens.

If I don't like something I will press for its improvement.

At the moment though it seems you have more than enough people to help you. I am wary of overfilling the ranks.

EDIT: I'm also a nice person. I make a point of welcoming people in the chat room, asking how people are, and taking an interest in their lives. I dislike being ignored so I don't want anyone else to feel like they are.

Application withdrawn 19th September 2015.

Last edited: