South Korea steals TF2 and puts animu crap all over it

Aug 19, 2008
Statement from the C.O.P.Y. Developers

The trailer for computer title H.A.V.E. Online looks remarkably similar to Team Fortress 2 — so much so that it is actually pissing South Korean gamers off. Comments have been largely vicious.

H.A.V.E. Online is being called "an embarrassment" to the Korean game industry. Check out this comparison clip and judge for yourself.

Last week, we reported that its publisher SK iMedia has not commented about the likeness. Well, the company finally has made a statement. Korean web portal DC News did a phone interview with the publisher. "Debating (as to if it's a rip off or not) is like having blind men touching an elephant and describing what it looks like," said SK iMedia. "We will reveal the gameplay soon. Other than that, we have no comment at this time."

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
Needs more men.

edit: say in heavies voice and really angrily

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
So this actually looks pretty amusing, I feel kinda dirty saying so, but eh. Personally I kinda like the anime flavoring as well as the fact that there are actually female models in the game. (The fact that TF2 lacks any females irks me :/)

I somehow doubt I would actually bother to buy it, but I am not gonna just come out and scorn it for taking what TF2 did and adding their own flavor to it. But that's just me.

Chaopsychochick

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 16, 2009
I somehow doubt the pyro is female, especially with the rather male sounding voice as well as the general build of the pyro. Though if Valve makes some changes there and makes the pyro female, I would be pleased.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I hope and expect Valve will continue to make the Pyro genderlessly ambiguous.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I hope and expect Valve will continue to make the Pyro genderlessly ambiguous.

As do I.

But noticing the new post-lose animation, the pyro does what looks like a 'curtsey' when stood still. Either "she's" female, or incredibly camp.

But then at the risk of sounding too serious about it, it was meant as trolling joke.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
A curtsy? I haven't been Pyro much when a round ends in the enemy's favor, but I thought it was a sort of "Come down here this instant young man" foot-tapping frustration.