South Korea steals TF2 and puts animu crap all over it

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
This very much reminds me of all those horrid female models for TF2.

ratclaw

L2: Junior Member
Feb 2, 2009
One word...

fail.jpg

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
About 30 secs into that intro "Triforce Media" pops up.

That's what I call copyright infringement.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
What a laughable overreaction. Whoever made the comparisons is seriously telling me that photos of random scenes with characters posing the same way as in various TF2 trailers, means it's a ripoff? Haha. Wow.

When you actually watch the trailer, you'll see that it's very different. There are toy anime girls/robots fighting in a "rats" type of level, in third person. The trailer looks a lot like the first TF2 trailer because it attempts to do the same as that did; to present the different classes in a fighting situation. It's not like the TF2 trailer was original either.

The likeness is either a result of the similar way of presentation (as mentioned), or it's a little homage. The latter does, of course, not mean ripoff in any way.

I'd actually love to play this, if it wasn't for the hideous anime crap that Koreans have to slap onto eveything.

I think it's also the very similar classes.

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
Lord. I can't help but remember the advertisements for "S.W.A.T. Assault", a game which consisted of little more than recolored DOOM sprites.

doomclone.png

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
article said:
The game is being called "an embarrassment" to the Korean game industry.

On the contrary, it looks like the first Korean game I'd actually consider playing.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
if they releases an English beta ill probably try it just cause. I do currently play one Korean multilayer game and that's S4 League. Despite what HAVE "looks" like it could be fun, and if it's fun then yay!

ChickenHunter

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 12, 2008
Do you think this game will HAVE ONLINE?! EH EH EH?!

Also this game looks like rats maps with playermodel replacements. And the trailer is so crazy that it looks to me like theres a third team.

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
I must admit, I give them credit. This must be the only South Korean online action game that actually HAS blood. Well, blue gooey stuff for the Blue team. It's better than sparkles or flashing red or any of that other goofy stuff the other games use.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
All I can think is why are there 20 scouts running at 1 sniper WITH THE BASEBALL BATS OUT!

The other thing that I should mention is Starcraft > 9000 > Korea's Mind and Soul > 0 > H.A.V.E.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
All I can think is why are there 20 scouts running at 1 sniper WITH THE BASEBALL BATS OUT!

The other thing that I should mention is Starcraft > 9000 > Korea's Mind and Soul > 0 > H.A.V.E.

They're trying to aim their bonk.

On a side note, i emailed my chinese co-student/colleague about what the term for this kind of gimmick was, and it's "ShanZhai". It's only a chinese word at the moment because it's becoming a significant part of Asian culture. The only thing stopping it from spreading into other languages are the blatent plaigerism laws in place in the West that tend to prevent this sort of.. ShanZhai.