Sntr's box of old crap (Open)

Fillmore

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hello,
I've been gone from this place for who knows how long since I mostly lost interest in mapping after all these years, so I figured the best thing would be to put up some old crap up for auction.
If you pick up any of these, a simple kudos for me (trying) would be nice.

Suisto (Beta) [Claimed by BingoBongo]
4ipFZZm.jpg

A submission for the Checklist Contest, most what was done after the contest was a quick artpass and then the map was left as-is, since people didn't really enjoy playing this due to Tug-of-War Payload and the general layout of the map.
Download link is here.

Monttu (Alpha) [Claimed by Anti-Idiot Taser]
lBSl6rS.jpg

A single-stage Payload map, I had fun working on it but it showed me a problem I could never really get around: I really suck at 'ending' a Payload map.
Download link is here.

Substratum (Alpha) [Claimed by Waugh101, but not entirely]
R23sOgR.jpg

This is where all earlier lessons from Payload went into, but ended the same way: Got one stage done and the second stage falling flat after a lot of hassle just burned me out on the whole ordeal. All three Stages are listed separately within the .zip, as well as an old version that links them all together (with old versions of the first two stages, Stage 3 never got into testing)
Download link is here.

Ostsmaklig (Alpha)
g7gO1Km.jpg

A submission for one of the TF2Maps Jams, it's a combination of KOTH and CTF where you hold a stinky cheese to win. I'm only really putting this here for the logic, I don't think there's anything else anyone would want from this.
Download link is here.

Doubletap (Alpha) [Claimed by TheFlufflycart]
TTXbTQu.jpg

Yep, an abandoned MvM map from 2017-2018. The original concept was having two bombs going separate ways and having two hatches for the map. That idea ran into some technical limitations, however, and I lost interest shortly after the concept died since it kinda just turned into a bog-standard MvM map I specifically set out to avoid doing with this.
Download link is here.

Last edited:

TheFluffycart

L3: Member
Jul 6, 2019
I'd love to take a look at Doubletap if that's alright! (I know it's open, but I still want to ask before going ahead ^^")

Waugh101

L2: Junior Member
Jul 26, 2018
Heyo! Thanks for posting these, you've got some cool ideas here. I'd like to have a go at Substratum, just so you know. I wouldn't mind if other people are able to as well, though.

Lawnchair

L1: Registered
Feb 17, 2022
I'm interested in Suisto so i'm gonna take a look at that and see if i can do smth with it

Best_Username

L1: Registered
Feb 7, 2022
Don't beat yourself up over "not being good at ending a Payload map". I actually really like the layout idea you had going with "Monttu". It's (maybe?) a little too small, and maybe RED's spawn should be pushed back a bit, and (maybe?) more verticality, but otherwise I like the idea.

Fillmore

L5: Dapper Member
Jul 20, 2014
Heyo! Thanks for posting these, you've got some cool ideas here. I'd like to have a go at Substratum, just so you know. I wouldn't mind if other people are able to as well, though.
Aight, that one's the one I was hoping gets another shot at becoming something since it's a theme that isn't all that explored.

I'm interested in Suisto so i'm gonna take a look at that and see if i can do smth with it
Deal.

Don't beat yourself up over "not being good at ending a Payload map". I actually really like the layout idea you had going with "Monttu". It's (maybe?) a little too small, and maybe RED's spawn should be pushed back a bit, and (maybe?) more verticality, but otherwise I like the idea.
Thing is, the last point is essentially the big finale of any map and it feeling off brings down the whole in my eyes.