CTF Snowdrift b4a

Bya

L1: Registered
Jan 23, 2010
Is this map on the YouChew server yet?

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
After nearly 6 months, b4 is here. Download now.

Changes: Fixed some visual bugs, made optimization better, rexy's models are now actually there, made cones nonsolid, and I was able to compile it with -final again.

I didn't update the screens yet because I'm lazy and the map doesn't look much different from b3 anyway

Languid

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 9, 2009
After nearly 6 months, b4 is here. Download now.

Changes: Fixed some visual bugs, made optimization better, rexy's models are now actually there, made cones nonsolid, and I was able to compile it with -final again.

I didn't update the screens yet because I'm lazy and the map doesn't look much different from b3 anyway

I was going to bump this up to tell you something, but you brought it up yourself!

A server I play on occasionally plays snowdrift_b3 all the time, its IP is: 8.12.20.112:27015

I think there is a forum connected to it, you should sign up and get quality feedback (unless the reason they play this map so much is because you already play on this server and suggested it).

Last edited:

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
I haven't really advertised this new version yet, but to those who already downloaded and uploaded b4 on their servers, I apologize, I forgot to pakrat the custom announcer sounds. b4a will be released ASAP.

Dr Forrester

L2: Junior Member
Aug 15, 2008
Got folks in my clan looking forward to doing a test on this to see if it would work on our pub server. Very nice, Jonah!.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
oh wow, B4 of snowdrift? Is it Christmas? I should probably play the lottery tonight. Uploading to the "Lunchbox" now :)

It's Christmas in Australia. I heard it's fun there. Ask Aly. She'll tell you all about how her dad has to wrestle the Christmas Kangaroo.

Sep 12, 2008
It's Christmas in Australia. I heard it's fun there. Ask Aly. She'll tell you all about how her dad has to wrestle the Christmas Kangaroo.

Isn't Christmas always and everywhere on December 25th? It sure can be winter there - but I don't think that means Christmas?

maxim

Dec 11, 2012
we tried to pug this map in our custom maps night, for highlander use, but the map doesn't seem to work with the stopwatch configs we are using.

When trying to debug this, I tried the following:
mp_tournament 1
mp_tournament_stopwatch 1

which didn't help, as there was no 'Capture time not set' box on the hud, and capping the intel did nothing to change that.

also, looking at the server logging in console, the logs are pretty much identical to those found by playing ctf_haarp or ctf_slate, so I have no indication as to what is not being triggered.

this map is set to be played in OZHL, in 2 months time :> barring we being unable to find a workaround for this problem.

I understand this is a necro post, but I also understand that you're still active on this site, and i'd hate to see this map go unplayed.

ps. we loved the map despite being unable to play with the stopwatch; we pubbed it

maxim

Dec 11, 2012
as far as i've tested in my local server, ctf_haarp and ctf_slate both work as normal, and both haarp & slate have not been updated since long before MvM, so that might not be the issue. idk :)

Jonah! the world needs you!