Scream Fortress VI is LIVE!

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
The new trigger entity is cool too, no need to add base velocity awkwardly anymore.

32UY4qA.png

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
l6mJ5wZ.png

My jumppads... my dear jumppads

qWAAjRp.gif

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
I just had a play of the new map. I really like it, the assets and the map are very cool. I'll be interested to see the .vmf. The bumper car mode is actually pretty funny and well put together. I don't know anything about the logic required to make that work, I know ABS did a Chairman race map that had some pretty intense logic, so I wonder how they made it work for the carnival.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
The new trigger entity is cool too, no need to add base velocity awkwardly anymore.

32UY4qA.png

Oh shit this fixes the issue I've been fighting on probed, doesn't it?

Also that hammer needs to be in Trainsawlaser somehow...

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Now, if only they bothered documenting the stuff. Anyone care to add stuff to the vdc and tf2 wikis?

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
These are apparently all the new entities added:

tf_halloween_minigame
tf_halloween_minigame_falling_platforms
tf_logic_minigames
tf_pda_expansion_dispenser
tf_pda_expansion_teleporter
tf_projectile_spellkartbats
tf_projectile_spellkartorb
tf_teleport_location
halloween_fortune_teller
tf_base_minigame
trigger_apply_impulse
trigger_teleport_relative
tf_halloween_pickup
prop_soccer_ball

AddCond 82 gives the player the bumpercar mechanics but doesn't give them the car model.

Apr 14, 2013
And I thought that helltower and asteroid were stupid...
I'm somewhat agreeing with Dr Element,
but on the other hand the cart games are pretty fun (yet really not well- made. Source is not and never was good for car physics). And Doomsday is a fun map as long as there are no engineers. (which there always are, always are)

On a different note, about a week ago, when they first announced halloween is coming, we were in the chat guessing what maps will they turn into event. I think it was Egan who said Doomsday. Congratuations. You are almost as good as Asylum...

TheLapper96

L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2011
These are apparently all the new entities added:

AddCond 82 gives the player the bumpercar mechanics but doesn't give them the car model.

Just checked out AddCond 82 because I was curious. :p
AddCond 82 does give the bumpercar model on sd_doomsday event, though.
Oh and AddCond 83 is for the boost while riding a bumpercar, using it outside of a bumpercar will just make your FOV look weird.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Yeah, way better than making crazy shit happen completely at random for no reason.

The disappearing-platforms minigame can fuck right off, though. I almost have to assume it was made before they added the respawning mechanic and then didn't get enough testing afterward, because it tends to drag on for ages unless you're on a server with noobs who don't know you can fly back up and respawn. You can't even ram people because, even when all the platforms are intact, it shoots you so far that you always fly off the edge if you miss.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
New conditions:

addcond #

82 Player is placed inside a Bumper Car and gains Bumper Car movement and controls.
83 Player's Field of View increases, with their world model playing the Bumper Car boosting animation, and if the player has condition 82, the player is forced to move forwards at a boosted speed until the condition is removed or a wall or other player is encountered.
84 Player gains a larger head and lowered gravity.
85 Player is forced to use melee weapons. Automatically adds conditions 32 and 75 when added.
86 Player can swim in air, and gains vision effects as if underwater or covered in Jarate.
87 Player is locked in place and cannot turn.
88 Player gains a cage surrounding them. Automatically adds condition 87 when added.