Save Gordon's Reputation!

Darth Cyrax

L2: Junior Member
Nov 29, 2008
Sorry but Solid Snake is a better character.
but... but Gordon never EVER says ANYTHING! He's way better than someone who hides in cardboard boxes all day.
And now Gordon's losing again. I blame you:p.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
I voted Ron Paul!

That's right, i made sure my vote didn't count =p

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
So you're saying solid snake is a better character than yourself?

You only have yourself to blame if you don't like gordon's character... since it's you

METAL GEAR!!!! XD

Nah, i'd say hl's SUPPORTING characters are really strong, not Gorden himself.

But hey, thats just me.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
The problem with this kind of voting is you can get semi-final worthy contestants going out in the first round and ones that should go out before even entering getting halfway in. I mean we're pretty close to the final now, gordon is destroying ryu, after a 50/50 split.... its just not right...

edit: but at least gordon is going through this round :)

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
we gotta keep going!!! he's winning against ryu but I think he'll be against mario next.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Yeah, sadly I think nintendo will prevail with this one, which is a pity. I'm getting everyone I know to vote for Freeman..

Darth Cyrax

Nov 29, 2008
Actually, Link is next since Gordon is crushing Ryu...
Unfortunately, I get the feeling he's not going to win vs. Link. I'll still vote for him of course, but I'm not to enthusiastic about his chances.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Once per IP i imagine.

edit: Wow, this goes to show ones vote does count in the pool of votes! Freeman only won by 119. Out of a little under 132,000. That could have easily been all the votes from this site.

Last edited:

Shoomonger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2009
freeman beat that sf4 guy, he's going on to the next one. Check back there to vote when they change it!

DasMatze

May 17, 2008
I voted for Snake. The point of it is not "which is the best gaming system?" or "which is the greatest game?", it's simply "who is the best character?". Gordon doesn't have much personality. You only see him on the cover of the game and he never spoke a word. That's why I voted for Solid Snake. When he will face Link as his opponent, I will again not vote for Freeman.

Even if it was about the best gaming system: I don't have consoles anymore and I prefer the PC. But instead of all the little kids I don't argue with "PC is awezum, consolz are sh1t!!11". Why can't most of the people be happy with both? Questions which answers I will never get to hear ...

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I voted for Snake. The point of it is not "which is the best gaming system?" or "which is the greatest game?", it's simply "who is the best character?". Gordon doesn't have much personality. You only see him on the cover of the game and he never spoke a word. That's why I voted for Solid Snake. When he will face Link as his opponent, I will again not vote for Freeman.

You're missing the point of gordon freeman. Like I said before, YOU are freeman, so if theres anyone to blame for you not liking freeman's character it's your own imagination.

But maybe being fed a character is more fulfilling for some people, personally I hate when I'm playing as some macho dick who randomly says stuff I'd never say, even if I was in his shoes. It's really awkward for me to have that happen.

Smetzle

L3: Member
May 20, 2009
Youme said:
But maybe being fed a character is more fulfilling for some people, personally I hate when I'm playing as some macho dick who randomly says stuff I'd never say, even if I was in his shoes. It's really awkward for me to have that happen.

This.