Post title ranks?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Ugh gunna quote this cause I got cut off by the page transition.
Super-bump

Since we're having lots of these forum changes recently, could we revamp the post titles to something not lame? Like Polycount goes vertex, line, tri, quad etc, all modeling terms.

Like:

L1 Brush
L2 prop_static
L3 prop_dynamic
L4 prop_physics
L5 prop_physics_multiplayer
L6 info_player_teamspawn
L7 func_detail
L8 light
L9 light_spot
L10 light_environment
L11 point_overlay
L12 Cordon
L13 VMF
L14 VBSP.exe
L15 VVIS.exe
L16 VRAD.exe
L17 BSP
L18 HL2.exe

Or some other order or with different hammer related terms (I'm just throwing the idea out there)

It'd also be better to reshuffle the numbers since we have a bunch over 7k and no one is ever gunna get there since posts don't count in OT and the VIP lounge

I don't like that swordfish cause A) they're too long, and B) They're directly insulting our members.
People can buy VIP and choose whatever they want so the default should be interesting but not directly humorous (and certainly not insulting!)
Also people buying VIP is another reason to reshuffle the numbers to more lower down since a lot of members buy VIP by the time they get to higher numbers.

Sep 1, 2009
Why do I get the feeling that those terms may confuse new vistors to the site?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
It'd also be better to reshuffle the numbers since we have a bunch over 7k and no one is ever gunna get there since posts don't count in OT and the VIP lounge
The hell is the point of this exactly?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
It's a thing forums do to avoid people posting crap in OT to get perks, since we had some perks tied to postcount. It's pretty common in forums. (And I'm mistaken, posts in VIP count but not in the front desk)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not sure we do anymore. The perks were only things like access to the blog feature and being able to upload your own maps without asking when you hit 500 posts and became a forum "veteran", in order to reward our active members. But the blog isn't active atm because apparently it opens a weakness in the forum for attackers and as for the upload thing, i have no idea if that's true still either since we changed the upload rules so much.

You have to realise these forums are almost as old as TF2, we've gone through a number changes and our member base has fluctuated and we've had to accomodate a variety of community needs. We did have a bit of spam and Nerdboy and someone else (SWATY?) did have their post count modified as punishment for post count boosting, despite our efforts to cushion "cheating".

Last edited: