aa
Feb 3, 2009
You fuckin' retard!

6rue86.png

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I always thought koth would fit TF2 quite nicely as a play style, but reitterating what Nineaxis has already said, Arena makes it a fairly redundant mode to implement.

I find it an interesting "leak" as for starters, although you would think this would go without saying when trying to fake something and make it look legit; stuff like this from the steam forum is usually riddled with retarded spelling mistakes. This how ever, is not. Not that that's a non-flawed reason. :p

As far as humour and writing style is concerned, it also depends on which developer ended up posting the blog update, and what they want the audience to get from the blog release.

Plus, yea, "free fake email" tab lolwtfwut. Although that is exactly the type of response i would imagine from Robin.

If i were Robin, just for not being able to spell or use simple grammar i would have emailed a virus to that person. Urgh, i know it's the internet but ffs.

Last edited:

ink

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2009
Well the post will be ``realese´´ 07/23, we just have to wait to see if i is true.

Grimes

Jun 4, 2009
Valve's not doing KOTH, they released Arena. Plain and simple.

Why not? KOTH is fundamentally different from arena simply due to respawning system that exists. Plenty of players and servers completely ignore arena because players just get a single life per round. I'm sure with some tweaks to differentiate the maps from a standard arena level gameplay and the addition of respawning it would create a different enough player experience to warrant the gametype.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
I always thought koth would fit TF2 quite nicely as a play style, but reitterating what Nineaxis has already said, Arena makes it a fairly redundant mode to implement.

Even better reason to make it. They already have a ton of arena maps they can just edit to KOTH, only this time they'll be fun.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
The underlying concept of Arena and KOTH are the same though. Two teams. One point. Fight over it. Sure, you can't respawn, but it would be redundant to release the same exact maps... with respawning.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
The underlying concept of Arena and KOTH are the same though. Two teams. One point. Fight over it. Sure, you can't respawn, but it would be redundant to release the same exact maps... with respawning.

Goldrush and Dustbowl both have 3 sets of two points.

King of the Hill is still way different as you can see from community creations. The point is instant cap and necessary to win which means it's way more focused on the cp whereas arena is supposed to be a death match with a cp just in case (of course it usually comes down to the point anyway:thumbdown:). And either way we'd have no way of knowing how Valve would go around doing it.

And I only said they could re-release the maps because the original arena maps aside from lumberyard and ravine were all just ripped center points. Hopefully they wouldn't do that to us again.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
I agree arena and koth are very similar but koth_waste is very fun, along with lighthouse.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Goldrush and Dustbowl both have 3 sets of two points.

But one has a cart and one doesn't. And they are completely different maps. That argument is entirely irrelevant when talking about the same map being released twice with no noticeable changes except some background logic.

Grimes

Jun 4, 2009
Yes they could take some of the arena maps and change the logic on it and call it KOTH. Chances are they might just do as a quick and easy way to create a few levels for the gametype if it goes official. Honestly I dont think that every arena map would function well as KOTH and for the most part geometry changes would be needed. My previousargument was that there are a few different ways KOTH can be played. Sometimes it is a fixed point on the map, other variations have a changing hill area after a set amount of time or it has been "captured". The point is, KOTH doesn't have to be a single control point in the exact middle of the map. A good KOTH map has the Hill area changing from place to place so that one team doesn't dig in and wait it out, by changing the hill location you create a degree of balance.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
Yes they could take some of the arena maps and change the logic on it and call it KOTH. Chances are they might just do as a quick and easy way to create a few levels for the gametype if it goes official. Honestly I dont think that every arena map would function well as KOTH and for the most part geometry changes would be needed. My previousargument was that there are a few different ways KOTH can be played. Sometimes it is a fixed point on the map, other variations have a changing hill area after a set amount of time or it has been "captured". The point is, KOTH doesn't have to be a single control point in the exact middle of the map. A good KOTH map has the Hill area changing from place to place so that one team doesn't dig in and wait it out, by changing the hill location you create a degree of balance.

ya multiple hills would be really fun if you look at it that way, It could easily be, capture as many points in the 10mins. And once a point is captured it resets and a new hill appears. You could even throw the intel at the cp so you have a hud of where the hill exactly is. You wouldnt see or capture the intel it could just be an idea of where the hills are. Damn anyone want to do this with me lol that sounds fun.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
they didnt do it on purpose they said it was uploaded to youtube as public by accident

Warchamp7

L2: Junior Member
Apr 4, 2009
Close but still wrong. It was uploaded as private and apparently theres an exploit with iPhones that lets you view private videos. Via that exploit the video was ripped before they could take it down and was uploaded to YouTube.

Hence the "Fail to understand what 'Private' means..."

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Close but still wrong. It was uploaded as private and apparently theres an exploit with iPhones that lets you view private videos. Via that exploit the video was ripped before they could take it down and was uploaded to YouTube.

Hence the "Fail to understand what 'Private' means..."

Oh never heard about that, thanks for clearing that up.