Posssible Soldier Update Leak

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
The thing that blew it for me is the use of "defence". British spelling. They're a bunch of people in Seattle. Also, in the current post- "4. Hill defense".

Get your spelling right if you're going to fake something.

Oh yeah, and choose the right font.

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
They've already said they leaked it on purpose and made it look like an accident.

Did they? Someone told me they said that on Kotaku, so I Googled it and they were right but then there was a newer post about it where Gabe said it was an accident and they were having fun with it by messing with the theories.

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
They've already said they leaked it on purpose and made it look like an accident.

Actually, as far as I know, they've already said it WAS an accident. Robin Walker uploaded it to youtube under "private" to show some people (probably within Valve) and an i-phone glitch allowed users to download it.

If they HAVE said it was on purpose, link please.

Also, this is obviously fake.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Fake fake is fake.

Fail fake is fail, at that.

Last edited:

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Feb 14, 2008
Jesus bloody christ, there's not going to be a KOTH mode, just because a throwaway item on the soldier's list was Hill Defense, does not imply KOTH at all.

In fact the new game mode is "radically different" and I don't think KOTH qualifies.

BrokenTripod

L5: Dapper Member
May 11, 2009
New gamemode = CTF, Duhhhhhh.

Honestly, I think that KOTH kind of counts as radically different for TF2? Because, how radically different can you get with tf2?

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Confirmed Fake as we all figured.

Email to Robin Walker:

As you have probably seen on the forums, this picture is up.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8260/tf2blogupdate.png
I am most confident is a fake, and maybe some words from you will up clear it up.
I wouldn't want people to believe this if it wasn't true. If it is real though you probably wouldn't admit it anyway, but it's worth a try

also, is the pyro really a girl?

Sentryman

Response:

Yep, it's a fake. We don't know words with that many syllables.

Robin.

(Taken from Steam Forums)

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Jesus bloody christ, there's not going to be a KOTH mode, just because a throwaway item on the soldier's list was Hill Defense, does not imply KOTH at all.

In fact the new game mode is "radically different" and I don't think KOTH qualifies.

Well, theres still 2 places in the latest blog that mentions hill defense. It could be the map that changes according to how many players there are

Jazz

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 9, 2008
robinemail2.jpg

Got off steam forums.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
I'll never trust someone with that much spyware/maliware and bullshit browser addons

Altaco

Jul 3, 2008
The british spellings/misspellings combined with the fact that this is telling us exactly what's been rumored/speculated makes me think it's fake.

evanonline

Mar 15, 2009
Even if it is fake, pretty much ALL of us have been able to assume this is exactly what will come in the next update...The hints were all there. I wouldn't be surprised if this was fake but he guessed correctly.

What bugs me, though, is that the blog update says that KOTH would be the THIRD gametype introduced since launch when Valve has been pretty consistent in stating that PLR is a different gamemode completely.