Pick a side.

Where are your loyalties

• Total voters

Malcolm

L3: Member
Jul 10, 2008
The Soldier!
He's the funnier type of merc in my opionion.

Also, as a Soldier with humble 90h playtime, I command the soldier to win :D

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I went Demoman because there seem to be so much more Soldiers around all of a sudden. I don't really care who gets the weapon though.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Demoman because Soldier doesn't need new weapons. :)

Smetzle

L3: Member
May 20, 2009
Goddammit, this is why I love and hate TF2 at the same time. I really can't choose who I like more, and I'm consistently average playing with both. Maybe I'll switch between the two classes between games.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Demoman. Soldier is too general and already functions fine as an all-purpose kind of class, Demoman is what should have the variety.
I would personally use that argument as reason to support the soldier. Unlocks should expand the class' niche, not move into another one.

But quite honestly I don't care about either class, they are my 4th and 5th in playtime. I'll just keep playing like I normally do, being the class that is needed (which probably means I won't be playing either)

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
in related news, bans will be handed to the following people

absurdistof, andriod, Bslashingu, Colt Seavers, DaBeatzProject, Engineer, Fogold, HeaH, JSTProductions, martijntje, midget31394, Mr. Hanz, Muffin Man, Nineaxis, Ost, Psy, Randdalf, Rexy, Shmitz, supertoaster, Tech, theharribokid, Tinker, UFO, Void, Youme, «кнαоѕ»

im kidding, i love you guys

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Yay, this just shows the two-eyed soldiers have to repress us! FIGHT ON MY BRETHEREN

I can do this too?

Feb 14, 2008
It's not like one class isn't getting updates, this is just a bonus thing, for the superior class - obviously demoman.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Soldier, unless the Demos special weapon is less spammy, and if his old weapons get removed.

E: drp, keep on doing the world a favor.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I'll probably be supporting the demoman, because I think he's in more need of variations than the soldier.

I was going to support Demoman for this very reason. His weapon would likely be way more interesting than anything the soldier gets, but that said.......

At first I thought, the demo is the most interesting to play due to his two unique weapons, so give him one; then I realized that only means soldier needs a new trick even more, and since my top playtime goes to him, I'm on [TEAM SOLDIER]

This.

The demoman is already capable of clearing entire rooms in a single assault, whilst the soldier very much needs to choose his kills and kite people. The demoman is already getting some interesting alt weapons (presumably interesting anyway) in the update. I can't see any alt sticky, alt grenade launcher not being interesting.

The thing is soldier is my no1 played class, whilst demoman is my most effective (if there's a stalemate and no team support i go demoman to break that stalemate) which just goes to show how much the soldier needs something.

But at the end of the day i still can't decide because we don't even know what their regular alt weapons are going to be. I'll probably find myself choosing one class only to find he didn't really need it given his new alt weapons, compared to the other class.

Last edited:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Well, I'd be happy if the demo got something as remote as a shotgun, that fired boolets, or something that explodes on impact, or just something to retreat back with other than stickys, god forbid they do alot of damage but I despise them, pipe bombs ftw.

Locutus

L2: Junior Member
Nov 3, 2009
Any red-blooded american should choose the soldier. UNLESS you love Scottish black people for some reason (you're gay.)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well, I'd be happy if the demo got something as remote as a shotgun, that fired boolets, or something that explodes on impact, or just something to retreat back with other than stickys, god forbid they do alot of damage but I despise them, pipe bombs ftw.

L2P

Demo never retreats.

I've found it far more effective to whip out the bottle. If you've delt enough general damage to 3 or 4 people, run out of ammo whilst a pyro charges, you're 99% likely to get a crit bottle on that pyro. Which is just satisfying beyond belief.

Ten19

L2: Junior Member
Jun 17, 2009
You are all weak, you are all BLEEDERS!

If any of you scum magnets even think for one nanominute that the secret weapon won't belong to the spitshined glory of these united SOLDIERS, well then I think I hear your dollhouse calling `cause your Easy-Bake Oven is BROKEN, Suzy!