Overwatch Beta

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by tyler, Oct 24, 2015.

1. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    http://eu.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/19919176/overwatch-beta-coming-soon-23-10-2015

Begins in America and Europe October 27th. Anyone else going to try it out?

You can see more about it here. (It might kinda look like TF2, but it really isn't like TF2 that much.) It seems like a lot of the characters solve design problems from other FPS games (team based or otherwise) and eschews a lot of dumb crap. Like ammo.

I've actually gotten less interested in this over time somehow but I'm still going to check it out.

2. Shogun

Shogun L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been signed up since the day after the first trailer was released. I'm super excited, but I probably won't get in.

Here's a link to 2 hours of gameplay (unfortunately not 60 fps) from the streamer Ellohime.

3. Auwi

aa Auwi Certified in best in fun

Positive Ratings:
    I really want to try it cause it'll be a whole lot less broken than tf2

4. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah. I liked it initially because it had a tight class balance and a lot of stuff was just simplified or vastly improved on TF2, for example. But the more classes they add the dumber and less fun it seems to me. Then again, please remember that I don't like stuff, and have long had a reputation for being a hater of all things.

5. Shogun

Positive Ratings:
    This pretty much sums up why I've lost interest in TF2, just not with classes (obviously). I really hope Overwatch turns out to be a good game, or else I won't have a game to keep me busy and distract me from my life.

6. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    That's how I started feeling with Dirty Bomb. While it's very different than TF2, it still uses classes and they just have way too many classes.

7. Cartfridge

Cartfridge L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    So i had the glorious chance to play a demo of Overwatch at this year's gamescom.
    Each class plays in a very unique way, you could more or less split them up into three categories: Attack, Defense and Support.
    The level designs were all right, not really too special, and sometimes it was unclear where to go and led to a death by me jumping into a death pit assuming it was another path. Hopefully they'll make it clearer in the Beta.
    Other than that I'd say it really is pretty much TF2.

I got to play as Chaser, Widowmaker and the rhino (forgot his name :C )

Overall, fun and unique classes with with strong focus on teamwork, levels were alright.

8. tyler

Positive Ratings:
  9. Shogun

Positive Ratings:
    I didn't get in :(

Oh well, hopefully there will be another wave of invites sometime in the near future, but I don't have my hopes up.

10. Hotel Detective

Hotel Detective L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    after all the WoW and Starcraft 2 I play, this is how you repay me Blizzard? With no invite?
    For shame.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    I play (or played) WoW, starcraft 2, Hearthstone and Heroes (of the storm). AND NO INVITE!

12. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    Got mine, I guess it helps to know people who work at Blizzard :p

13. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe I'm completely wrong about this, but I feel like when I checked it out when the trailer was released there were only 9 classes. Now there's like 18? What the fuck? That's so many.

14. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    They added a lot in between.

15. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, in some youtube video i watched about it the youtuber said 'its more like an 'add a new class game' than a 'add a new weapon game''.

16. about drew

about drew L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm excited about it, but I'll probably have to wait until final release to play since I never get any beta invited. Lol

17. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Apparently accounts are still being activated for the beta. You can check if you'll be one of the ones chosen but activated later by going here https://us.battle.net/account/management/ and seeing if it's in the list of games you can play. I didn't get in :(

18. Jethro

Jethro MUSty Complainer

Positive Ratings:
    Same, but I fully expected it. It's a Blizzard beta, invites are always hard as fuck to get.

19. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    So whos going to pay to get this game?

20. tyler

Positive Ratings: