Overlook

CTF Overlook rc

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.
Sep 12, 2008
Time for some updates! I might release a6 later today or tonight.

ctf_overlook_a60000.jpg

Changed the intel position to the middle of the yard. and changed sewer exits.

ctf_overlook_a60001.jpg

Added a ramp+sniper deck leading to the intel room.

ctf_overlook_a60002.jpg

The new sewer entrance!

ctf_overlook_a60005.jpg

An other look at the sniper platform.

Thoughts? Any other suggestions before i go on and release a6? Do tell!

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
The changes look pretty good to me. I'm glad you moved the intel out into the open.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Again, extend the barrier across the walkway. It just seems to stop suddenly.

Sep 12, 2008
Hmm.. After the short test this afternoon, what did you guys think of A6 (and I will release properly tomorrow evening!)? I felt that the sewers were (again) too easy to use, so giving some suggestions might be helpful for me. Thanks!

Sep 12, 2008
Extend barrier go back to dropdown

Dropdown okay, but why should i extend the barrier? It's also meant for snipers to cover the middle area, and not (only) for attackers to give them an other route to the intel.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Feedback boomerang!

Looks like you could go under there, but NOT POSSIBLE. [1]
Set the props in here to nonsolid, and the fusebox-thing on the outside too! [2]
Clip this area, it's worthless. And, funky black edge [3]
Sentry spot covers all exits. 'Can' be shot from the big diagonal one, but with the dispenser there there is no danger for a camp-engy. [4]
Nodraw. And I don't like how far down the floor is. I personally would raise it something like 64-128 units. Just an opinion though, not a suggestion :) [5]
All these arrowsigns are solid and you can stand on them, easily fixed with entity report! [6]
This is a one-way path.. somehow I feel it should be clear to the player earlier, though I can't blame you because I have the same issue in my map! Also, you clipped one corner but not the others, do you hate these other walls? [7]

That's what I could find, not as extensive as your feedback on my thread, but that just means yours is more polished, good work :)

Sep 12, 2008
I might release a7 tomorrow, but here's some pics of the middle (some changes, like the sewers, they don't exist anymore!!)

ctf_overlook_a70000.jpg

ctf_overlook_a70001.jpg

ctf_overlook_a70002.jpg

Tududuuuu details!

Sep 12, 2008

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
agreed with radaka

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Hey guys, this is a thread about Overlook, not Cornfield. Anyway...

clip.jpg

I don't know if you've clipped everything properly in the new version but - using the above as an example - you need to clip EVERY GODDAMN THING YOU CAN GET SNAGGED ON. There is nothing more annoying then getting snagged on a doorframe that is 8 - 16 units thick then dieing as a result of it. Triangle clip everything. Otherwise I will hunt you down.

Sep 12, 2008
Hey guys, this is a thread about Overlook, not Cornfield. Anyway...

clip.jpg

I don't know if you've clipped everything properly in the new version but - using the above as an example - you need to clip EVERY GODDAMN THING YOU CAN GET SNAGGED ON. There is nothing more annoying then getting snagged on a doorframe that is 8 - 16 units thick then dieing as a result of it. Triangle clip everything. Otherwise I will hunt you down.

Thank you, I didn't know that that was already neccessary too!

Sep 12, 2008
Overlook alpha 8 released!

Download:

Changes?

• Changed route from mid to intel area.
  • Changed gametype from normal ctf to touch-return, cap-at-flag and cap-at-base.
  • Various tweaks and fixes.

Pictures?

ctf_overlook_a80001.jpg

ctf_overlook_a80002.jpg

I hope this system works better than the normal CTF!

Please share your thoughts!