Outback

Outback rc4

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Sorry for the delay but vrad.exe kept crashing on me but I finally fixed it.
RC3 is out folks.

RC2 to RC3 changes:

-Added menu photos when you first load up the map.
-Fixed a few places where you get stuck
-Changed Red Team's last spawntime to 14 secs.
-Fixed some minor issues withe spec cameras.
-Fixed a problem with the timer going over 10mins when capping.
-Fixed a few textures overlapping.
-Fixed a few visisble nodraw brushes at the first part of the map.
-Fixed the C sign at the last point to say D.
-Fixed a floating sign in red's 2nd spawn.
-Map optimization with hints/skips

Ki||a

L1: Registered
Nov 7, 2008
Nice can't wait to test it :) uploaded to my server going to go check it out right now.
Come drop by if you want here's the ip 68.232.169.118:27015

runtime

Jul 4, 2009
"I come home from school"

Lies

Anyways SWATY threatened me to say something bad about this map so

I think this map is absolutely terrible. Every beta there is a new clipping problem because it was so poorly designed in the first place. Then it was designed the size of San Andreas in GTA but when swaty realized that it was too big he cut it down but it still is the size of mount everest, so basically he filled it up with rocks and other ugly looking things.

Then he also along the way realized that RED has no chance of defending unless they are Einsteins or Xmen and that all it takes is some dumb BLU pyro to kill all of the RED team and capture the point. SWATY also planned a game flaw into the 3rd point because in order to cap the point you have to put stickies on the door of RED spawn and blow them up or become a spy and backstab them as they exit the spawn so that they start cussing in all talk while you capture the point.

But BLU is not always winner, since the last point has the RED spawns 2 cm away from the point, while BLU spawn is a mile away, so every time BLU gets close they are destroyed by the 5 sentry guns that are scattered in locations where they cannot be destroyed and are invincible.

Therefore BLU always captures 3 points and then loses the last one. In all a very unenjoyable and poorly designed map

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008

Lies

I think this map is absolutely terrible. Every beta there is a new clipping problem because it was so poorly designed in the first place. Then it was designed the size of San Andreas in GTA but when swaty realized that it was too big he cut it down but it still is the size of mount everest, so basically he filled it up with rocks and other ugly looking things.

Then he also along the way realized that RED has no chance of defending unless they are Einsteins or Xmen and that all it takes is some dumb BLU pyro to kill all of the RED team and capture the point. SWATY also planned a game flaw into the 3rd point because in order to cap the point you have to put stickies on the door of RED spawn and blow them up or become a spy and backstab them as they exit the spawn so that they start cussing in all talk while you capture the point.

But BLU is not always winner, since the last point has the RED spawns 2 cm away from the point, while BLU spawn is a mile away, so every time BLU gets close they are destroyed by the 5 sentry guns that are scattered in locations where they cannot be destroyed and are invincible.

Therefore BLU always captures 3 points and then loses the last one. In all a very unenjoyable and poorly designed map

LOOOL, you are such a douche runtime, go do your homework. Im laughing my ass off right now.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Looks amazing i wouldn't be surprised if valve had it infact, maybe you could ask valve if they couldd have a look at it

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Actually sorry if you find this annoying but the download is a bz2 so it won't pakrat so will you be adding the models and textures anywhere?

keptfireball

Jun 25, 2009
Can't wait to finally play rc3 of this map. I'll try and make sure i can make it to the play testing this friday. This is a highly anticipated map and cant wait to see what the peoples reactions will be when they play this awesome map. Good job swaty. Can't wait to see what maps may be coming in the future. You are a really good map maker and puts my blocky maps to shame :D But anyways i would like to congratulate you to making it this far and not giving up. Lets hope this is the last and final release of this map as well. I'll make sure i tell you if there are any other little tiny bugs or clipping issues. I'm pretty sure this map has been fixed to not have anything bad. Just to say Congratulations Swaty. It was good helping out on your map.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008

Lies

I love this!

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Just ignore Runtime, he is a douche to everyone. I know he is only joking so I laugh with it.

I know dont worry,

Also i played rc3 on nom nom server today. It was fun and everyone enjoyed it.

Only played a few rounds before map changed but blu rolled red pretty good it was 6v6 i believe.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I know dont worry,

Also i played rc3 on nom nom server today. It was fun and everyone enjoyed it.

Only played a few rounds before map changed but blu rolled red pretty good it was 6v6 i believe.

hmm.. weird because every time I play red pretty much wins. I think it has to do if teams are stacked or not.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
hmm.. weird because every time I play red pretty much wins. I think it has to do if teams are stacked or not.

My bad, i think you misunderstood, i said it wrong.

Blu won that part is correct, but i wasn't giving feedback saying it wasn't balanced and was to easy for blu. Your right red does usually win.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
I think both teams are balanced now, not equally but somewhere near that. Its not like before where red would always win, both teams win now. :D

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The building at the very beginning is difficult for BLU to access, giving RED a serious advantage and very defensible base of operations. It's almost impenetrable if set up right.

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
The building at the very beginning is difficult for BLU to access, giving RED a serious advantage and very defensible base of operations. It's almost impenetrable if set up right.

Weird because I think its easy to spam from outside, I always see red having a hard time defending that from inside that building.

Garner

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 16, 2009
Ill post your latest version of outback over at Fragmasters, as were running _B9 atm. Have to say, everyone loves it, we had a 20+ player chat on Mumble the other day with the community leader about what maps we should keep on the rotation and what maps should go on. Outback was greeted with "KEEP IT ON" when it was asked whether to take it off or not :p

Great map imo :)

I know your signed up to Fragmasters aswell SWATY, so heres the direct link to me thread i made about outback_rc3: http://www.fragmasters.co.uk/forum/f218/pl_outback_rc3-34633

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.Y

Banned
Sep 28, 2008
Ill post your latest version of outback over at Fragmasters, as were running _B9 atm. Have to say, everyone loves it, we had a 20+ player chat on Mumble the other day with the community leader about what maps we should keep on the rotation and what maps should go on. Outback was greeted with "KEEP IT ON" when it was asked whether to take it off or not :p

Great map imo :)

I know your signed up to Fragmasters aswell SWATY, so heres the direct link to me thread i made about outback_rc3: http://www.fragmasters.co.uk/forum/f218/pl_outback_rc3-34633

WOW, thank you for taking the time to post my map. :D, I remember the crappy ending of Outback in B9 that it was just like Badwater, there are some huge changes between B9 and RC3. Anyways, thanks!

evanonline

Mar 15, 2009
I dunno if it's been asked, but do you plan on releasing the materials you made for this map?

I can understand if you'd not want to, but the road textures and the FOAD sign would be awesome.

One thing I think you need to keep in mind though: balancing out payload maps can be very, very frustrating to make judgments on, because it's often hard to tell what's an actual flaw in the map, and what's some guy complaining because his team lost. Unlike with Valve-made maps, when people suck on customs they're able to blame it on the map being bad rather than the team. I'm not trying to say "ALL CRITICISM IS BAD!!" but sometimes for a map to be good you need to have parts where the odds are against one team.

This usually goes without saying but I see a lot of complaints I don't particularly agree with about this map whenever I play it, and it really bugs me. This is good stuff. There's a few things I'd suggest, myself, but I haven't played the newest version so I'll withhold what I have to say for now.

Last edited: