CP omen

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Karst is actually in development. Basic feedback: it's very open, making it tough to attack middle/defend second because of the very few number of options for attackers to use. The water is also misleading. IMHO, you should add an area where players can put out fire.

Snacks

TODO: Clever title
Oct 15, 2009
a4:

REALLY UNBALANCED

For the respawn times setup, it has SetBlue 6, but it then uses AddRed 6. So respawn times will always be messed up.

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
I mentioned this to the feedback plugin, but I think it deserves elaborating here: I think you need to move your first forward spawns closer to mid. Currently, the forward spawn is nearly as far from mid as the original spawn, since it's actually pretty quick to get to mid by just keeping right walking out of spawn, while the forward spawn is all the way at the back of the second capture point area. If you were to move the forward spawn into one of the buildings closer to mid, I think it would be more balanced by keeping there from being too much back and forth capping of mid.

Maybe part of the problem was the respawn times, I'm not sure. Otherwise, the layout was quite fun! I think there were enough flanking routes that snipers were not too much of a problem even in open areas.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
Yeah I really didn't know where to put that forward spawn.
walktimes to mid right now are 12 seconds from original spawn and 9 seconds from the forward spawn. Not a big improvement I'll give you that.
I'll have to check the balance first before deciding if I move it or not
a good alternative would be to move it so it promotes the use of the valley to change up the mid a little.
^just like badlands damnit ><

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
updated to a8

tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009

Zhan

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2010
Map was generally fun on the impromptu test this evening.

To reiterate what others and myself have said: mid felt like it took too long to cap at the beginning of the round, which in turn made it very difficult to backcap from the 2nd CP. This could probably be solved either by lowering the cap time, or by adding a bit of cover to the point, since running up the ledges on the spire and standing up on the point already leave you very exposed to defending players. Someone suggested adding cover like on Badlands' spire, and I think this would be a good idea.

Also, I'm not fond of the green swamp ground you're using on the spires, and I don't even feel it fits in too well with the rest of the swamp theme you're using. You might want to try using alpine light- or dark-colored dirt instead, and perhaps gray rock wall texture for the sides of the spires?

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
B2 is out folks!

-slightly refined the lighting and color composition (no more green!)
-all major bugs have been fixed
-slightly better optimization
-new layout on middle point
note: this version is more of a quickfix. other layout and balance issues found in b1 have not been addressed yet (cramped last capture point, respawn time on last cp being a bit too fast and the second cp could still use some improvement.) (and medics are still going to get abused by roaming soldiers and scouts in 6v6)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It looks pretty good i just don't like how big the spaces are between the floor planks around the middle CP. Making it a nuisance to rocket jump... seems like a bad idea. Not to mention it makes demomen less effective if half their shoots arbitrarily fall through the gaps in the floor.

A floor should be solid, or not a floor at all, alternatively it could be a plank or 2 connecting 2 paths.