[OFFICIAL] TF2Maps Arctic Theme Pack Thread

Coolz

L2: Junior Member
Sep 19, 2013
Allright, so I've been working on a payload map set in the arctic for a month or so, and have been making some custom content for it. Since I plan on submitting the end results to this pack, I figured I'd share the WiPs.

hqzegTp.png

A skylight model which is in dire need of texture work
When its finished I plan to create 3 additional versions of it-- one with snow on it, one with some glass broken, and one with glass broken and snow on it.

QJT0wpO.png

An open window that is specifically designed for demo pipes. I could easily have made this from brushwork but meh, why not model it.

I also created a second, closed version of this window.

oWK8Kt7.png

I'm also planning to create a third version of this window that is only slightly open and favors pipes coming from one side of it rather than both sides.

Please go easy on the non-constructive criticism because these are my first attempts at modeling stuff xD

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
valve time.

Reminded me of the alpine art style blog post:

"We also wanted to leverage some content from our existing environments, since crafting every asset from scratch would mean we'd be moving the release beyond Valve time and into the realm of geologic time."

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
We should start getting all our current resources into a folder and taking it from there. Thanks exactol for the contribution

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
I have never understood how this thread actually works. Do we just post random (not really) arctic themed content and when HL3 drops we will have complete arctic pack?

And for the dynamic map arctic theme could be cool

Sep 10, 2015
I have a few suggestions from what I've personally seen at glaciers and near arctic locations.

Snowmobile/Skidoo
imgres.jpg

Ice treading vehicle
imgres.jpg

Snowshoes
huron.jpg

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I made this poster, for spawn rooms maybe. I have a bunch of other poster ideas that I will make later.Cold_Poster_Fin.png Its 1024x1024 pixels, I can reduce it if needed.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
I hope this is finished soon. I've got a solid plan to fulfill with the ice textures :^)