New Shiny Badges

Which Badge would you like to see above users avatars?

• Original

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Revamped

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Alternate Revamp

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Alternative Alternate

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Well, if they just changed to one of these, I'd probably complain and then not care and end up ignoring them like I do now. As long as the thread is here I'm going to say everything that comes to mind :p

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Poll has been added, go ahead and vote! No explanation needed for your choice, it is what it is! =)

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
The revamp just looks larger for no particular reason.
And the alternate fonts are bad.

Stick to the original imo!

Or just remove them. We all know the colour legend!

Feb 18, 2009
People like myself who are running a higher resolution tend to have trouble seeing smaller blurry text.
really? I don't get that...

I would like to know your defition of "sleek", if it is one of these then the old once fit it less than the new ones. Lol
• Smooth and lustrous as if polished; glossy
• highly fashionable, or stylish; elegant
neat and un-obtrusive. The new ones seem more loud and bold. think sophistication rather than just shiny.

I must say though, they are getting better. Though, not sure what I'm looking for that would make them perfect...

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
The "revamped" ones look nicer, the highlights and colour saturation make the text more legible.

My thoughts exactly.

How about something like this rather than a dollar sign:
w71Dx.gif

Alternatively just a dollar sign in a different font, they look a little... silly in TF2 build IMO

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
My thoughts exactly.

How about something like this rather than a dollar sign:
w71Dx.gif

Alternatively just a dollar sign in a different font, they look a little... silly in TF2 build IMO

Well I actually had it in another font but people said they liked the old image. I'll throw the other one back up. Let me know if you like that one better.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I just don't like the fonts we use right now. This is a TF2 forum, not a CSS one. We shouldn't be using modern, sleek fonts.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i like the ones that are displayed atm...
you don't need to change all forum avatars, badges and everything just cause you know how to use your photoshop and max :)

signed,
the grumpy old man that likes the forum as it is :D

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
i like the ones that are displayed atm...
you don't need to change all forum avatars, badges and everything just cause you know how to use your photoshop and max :)

signed,
the grumpy old man that likes the forum as it is :D

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

Dear Grumpy old man that likes the forums as it is,
YOUR FACE IS JEALOUS!
-The End-​
Sincerely, The guy who is only trying to help with what little skillz he can offer :eek:hmy:​

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
How about just one dollar sign? Or maybe one dollar sign and one pound sign?

Also don't listen to the philistines, you'll never find the new look that they actually like if you give up.

Just a thought here, but the badges are the only thing on the whole site (*maybe*, I didn't bother to check the WHOLE site) that has a black background. Might be an idea to try another colour.

Last edited:

RavenStryker

aa
Nov 25, 2008
How about just one dollar sign? Or maybe one dollar sign and one pound sign?

Also don't listen to the philistines, you'll never find the new look that they actually like if you give up.

Just a thought here, but the badges are the only thing on the whole site (*maybe*, I didn't bother to check the WHOLE site) that has a black background. Might be an idea to try another colour.

ACTUALLY I had already tried orange and the beige color and those didn't work. Hard finding a font that contrasted well besides black. I did take the single $ sign into consideration though.

In the end drpepper has the final say in what stay and what goes. Lol
He said he enjoyed the new look but wanted to hear what others on the site thought before he made any hasty decisions.
So hopefully we hear from him soon. =)

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
they look great. but there's some changes coming to the design, and i might still use them for this look of the site. they wouldnt really fit in the upcoming color scheme.