Moonshine

Moonshine rc

Lindsay Bluth

L1: Registered
Aug 23, 2009
Version two of this map is TEN TIMES better than V1. Good job on that.

What I don't understand is why I keep seeing servers continuing to play the old version. I do see a considerable amount playing V2, but there is a good handfull that haven't updated.

They are seriously missing out in a MAJOR way. V2 rocks.

heyyou

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 19, 2009
Currently testing a rc version which will include fixes to materials so that DX 81 users can play this map. Update should be out in a month or so if all goes well.

(Also testing a ctf version)

Last edited:

tf2withbeer

Aug 29, 2009
Glad to see you fixed the DIRECTX 81 problem. It helped out a couple of players on our server that had problems before.

Still my favorite KOTH map.

Mesosade

Dec 6, 2009
Me and my clan have enjoyed this map so much, we have a 24/7 Server for it. It can be found here:

89.238.160.127:27019

[BBF-S1] 24/7 Moonshine | Custom Achievements | Vanilla Spawn

Banned
Sep 24, 2009
Good looking map you got there. I'll see if I can get some people to test it in my server to see what they say.

MisterNine

Dec 28, 2009
We've had this map on my server for two weeks now and the response has been incredible. It is currently the server favorite by a wide margin. The amount of time spent refining this map and your eye for detail really shine here. I think the map is incredible. This should be made an official map.

StuartPB

Nov 20, 2009
I like this map quite a bit, although I think it could use a few more details between the spawn and the two doors to the main area, like some trivial seperator in the middle.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
The two walkways leading up to the cap position need clipping on the sides near their ends so they can get climbed up on. It feels really frustrating to get stuck on it.

Brilliant map by the way.

Lindsay Bluth

Aug 23, 2009
So, I've been checking out the KoTH stats on tf2stats lately and your map seems to hold it's own. A bunch of maps place high on the list when the are first released, and then just drop off quickly after everyone is done testing/checking them out. Your map has been out for a good amount of time now, and it has maintained it's rank up there with the Official Valve KotH maps.

I just thought I'd say a mini congrats on maintaining a decent player/server average. I know every map maker dreams of having Valve take notice of their hard work, but I really believe that the greatest achievement comes with plain old community enjoyment of the map. It is obvious that the TF2 community truly enjoys your map.

I, personally, have always immensely enjoyed this KoTH map, along with the other players who frequent my server. Moonshine and Viaduct are the two KotH maps I have yet to tire of.

So keep up the good work (if you are working on any more projects.)

Cheers.

heyyou

Aug 19, 2009
The two walkways leading up to the cap position need clipping on the sides near their ends so they can get climbed up on. It feels really frustrating to get stuck on it.

Brilliant map by the way.

Thank you for the kind words. Do you have a screen by chance, of the sides needing clipping?

So, I've been checking out the KoTH stats on tf2stats lately and your map seems to hold it's own. A bunch of maps place high on the list when the are first released, and then just drop off quickly after everyone is done testing/checking them out. Your map has been out for a good amount of time now, and it has maintained it's rank up there with the Official Valve KotH maps.

I just thought I'd say a mini congrats on maintaining a decent player/server average. I know every map maker dreams of having Valve take notice of their hard work, but I really believe that the greatest achievement comes with plain old community enjoyment of the map. It is obvious that the TF2 community truly enjoys your map.

I, personally, have always immensely enjoyed this KoTH map, along with the other players who frequent my server. Moonshine and Viaduct are the two KotH maps I have yet to tire of.

So keep up the good work (if you are working on any more projects.)

Cheers.

Yes, I've been watching the map stats on this map too. It's been really nice to see it played on so many servers and yes, I should be posting my latest projects (since Moonshine) soon, after a bit more private testing.

Keonyn

L2: Junior Member
Mar 27, 2010
We gave the map a run on our servers for about a week, but it sadly had the side-effect of killing the server during the later hours. It's unfortunately too because when we play-tested maps, this was one of the only maps that got an enthusiastic reception, so not sure why it didn't work out so well in the server.

I just want to say this is still one of my favorite customs, even if it didn't pan out in the rotation. I'm still lobbying for its inclusion, and I recommend it for map votes as well. Just wanted to say great work though, it's a beautiful map.

Feb 14, 2008
Can I enquire as to how you fixed directx 8 users crashing? I'm having the same problem, and I have no idea why :bored:

heyyou

Aug 19, 2009
Can I enquire as to how you fixed directx 8 users crashing? I'm having the same problem, and I have no idea why :bored:

I know we talked about this in chat, but just in case anyone else runs across this problem in the future, its the swamp water. I updated and tested all the swamp waters multiple times and every time the water seemed to cause the problem. Not sure why. I had to run with the water from sawmill to eventually get my map to work.

heyyou

Aug 19, 2009
Seeing that some/most of the props in this map are becoming official props with the artpass update, I will be updating this map very soon.

If you have issues, comments, suggestions, problem areas, changes, etc.. please let me know, I would love to hear them.

Thank you to everyone that has continued to support this map and run it on their servers.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Probably my favorite KoTH map.

Only thing that bothers me about it, which is something that I only just recently noticed, is that the metal texture on BLU sides bigger building repeats weird. You could probably cut up the brushes some (like we were talking about earlier) and fix some of it.

Also the back areas (where the canoes are) could maybe use a little more to break up the texturing. Maybe some signs or something.

StuartPB

Nov 20, 2009
Seeing that some/most of the props in this map are becoming official props with the artpass update, I will be updating this map very soon.

If you have issues, comments, suggestions, problem areas, changes, etc.. please let me know, I would love to hear them.

Only what I had in February: you need some flavor in the dull expanse between spawn and main. Something like the concrete blocks on both sides at the last points in Granary, or, if you don't want to affect gameplay, a miniature pond (or a big puddle). Now that you've got all the Swamp props avaialble to you without ballooning the file size, there's a lot of opportunity.

Last edited: