Moments and Memories in gaming

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
yes that would be why i edited my post but i still have almost a whole team(8) dominations.

come on it;s 10am here and halfway through a music festival brian dosnt work too well with huge amount of whiskey and weed

/hijack

Hah man im jealous. Its 4th of July here but im working 10:30am to 7pm =/ Yep.. very jealous.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
20:0 is a better KDR.

aad.jpg

As for dominations: 7

As for highest score: 358 in a normal game of badwater, attacking and defending, i was the only medic healing a team with 3 heavies and several soldiers/demo's.

As for stories not about myself, i'ev seen a similar log to the quake one mentioned in the OP except it was DOOM and you can find the speed run on youtube.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Nice, quite a lot of personal experiences, which understandably is what gets stuck in the memory the most. I was kinda hoping for more general stuff like in the OP, but everything goes.

Good reads, thanks.

------------

I'll contribute
Donkey Kong highscore
First game that a (at the time unnamed) "Mario" character appears in. Has been played for decades, and still is. The game has a maximum number of levels you can play before the game automatically kills you in the famous "kill screen", the points counter doesn't even go into the million mark, and after 999,999 scorekeepers have to manually count the points.

There is a full length documentary about the battle between Steve Wiebe and Billy Mitchell as they try and beat each other, it's called "King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" and I recommend you watch it, because it's great :)

Hank Chien is the current leader with a score of 1,061,700 set in march 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Kong:_A_Fistful_of_Quarters
http://www.prlog.org/10565504-donkey-kong-world-record-beaten.html

Last edited:

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
...the points counter doesn't even go into the million mark, and after 999,999 scorekeepers have to manually count the points.

That's the point in which it becomes an unhealthy obsession.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
you short little bastard

ya jk i think odd job was banned from pretty much everyones goldeneye games

You cannot hit my hitbox, you cannot outrun my speed. Every weapon I pick up is the destroyer of another world. I have overrun living rooms and all night lan parties. I have ruined your life countless times. Fear me, for I am Monkey.

First game that mario appears in.

Jumpman and Mario are completely separate characters.

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Jumpman and Mario are completely separate characters.

I wouldn't say completely separate. But yes, it's true that he wasn't "Mario" until the next game "Donkey Kong junior" the following year.

Let's settle for Mario-esque character :)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
He's not Mario. He's Jumpman and he's in love with Paula Abdul who has been taken hostage by Simon Cowell, the 400 pound gorilla in the room.

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Getting Platinum medals on all 20 bonus challenges in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, and beating Challenge 21. The latter was a history-making day.

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
First singleplayer game i finished.

Finished The Jungle Book (awesome cartridge game :p) on 8bit or 16bit platform cant remember now, since it was hundreds years ago.

Awesome game, loved then still love it now.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Ken (Daigo) had only a couple of pixels of health left. Chun Li (Justin) decides to use her super move. Even if Ken blocked, he would still die by chip damage.

BUT, Ken manages to parry each and every one of Chun Li's kicks, thus not suffering any damage whatsoever. To top it off, Ken unleashes his own super move, winning the game.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Street Fighter is a religion.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Street Fighter is a religion.

Hey, I had this discussion of semantics yesterday. religion is really a ideology + mysticism, when it comes down to it, so street fighter, like communism, technically isn't a religion. They don't have a god or the supernatural behind them, or at least nobody claims they do, so it's better defined as an ideology/obsession.

ANYWAYZZ, way back when I played halo PC, I was driving a warhog round a base on bloodgulch, and managed to get a triple kill without killing more than 1 person. He respawned in front of me.. twice.

Also, I remember the time when for a full 20 minutes my sucky team was getting spawn raped by the other team (and all the while me and the rest of the team were telling them to stop the spawn killing, which they ignored), and i alone managed to get a tank into the hills behind their base (they were red) and start "sniping" them with it. 10 minutes later, they were getting spawn raped more epically than we were, mainly (surprising, since I really sucked back then) due to me.
Karma's a bitch, eh.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
We had a lan of 4 people playing Worms world party with the max number of worms, one of my friends on the first turn threw a holy hand grenade, and through some magic killed every single one of his worms, while doing a max of 10 damage to one other worm. It was such a spectacle, the initial worm it hits comes flying, takes out another, the explosion knocks mines around that cause more mines, fire and flying worms. We were all just sitting there stunned...then immediately laughed our asses off.
---

Oh and this: http://www.mralbobo.com/pics/vector/3.jpg
---

And this will mean nothing to people that haven't played the game...but me and 3 other people successfully completed dokapon kingdom in 4 days. Its a bigger accomplishment then it seems <_<