Meridian

TC Meridian rc3

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
all I can say is there better not be a meridian event tonight...I have work :crying:

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
And there it is!

Note: This release also contains preview thumbnails and the intro movie. As such, it should be extracted from your base "team fortress2/tf/" directory, rather than the maps directory.

Server Admins: If you do not want to have players download the movie file (which is understandable, because the map itself is already a large download), be sure to also remove those lines from the tc_meridian_rc3.res file in the maps directory.

Revision History

RELEASE CANDIDATE 3
* Fixed problem with invisible robot booth props.
* Improved several older props.
* Fixed a few other visual problems.
* Fixed a bug where the "take it home" radar would
point to the wrong area.
* Changed HUD to just have the flag radars, without
the erroneous score information.

The_Ulf

L6: Sharp Member
May 26, 2009
Pretty good rounds today until it got silly when everyone had taken off and I could scout about willy-nilly.

Think I found a displacement seam:
tc_meridian_rc30000.jpg

tc_meridian_rc30001.jpg

Totally minor, only noticed it approaching it from below.

Oh! Also: the custom particles weren't showing up for me - but I think that was likely a client side thingy with my copy of tf2 on this comp.

Can't wait to see Meridian featured by Valve!

UFO

L2: Junior Member
May 20, 2009
I've tested your map alone and found two things:

1. I had problem with the wall-door. Its looped moving sound was playing all the round (between temple and subbay).
tcmeridianrc30000.jpg

2. I thought why there are only two ways up from the water and only on one side of the bridge. On the other side there is no way to climb up.
tcmeridianrc30001.jpg

mdawgmike

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2009
Looking good as always! I'll be putting this up on my community's server this weekend. Probably won't be doing any extensive play testing with this version as there appears to be no major changes. Why Valve has consistently passed this one up is beyond me.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I want to see ctf_2fort_with_giant_robot now, but as for the map, I think that the robot stage is too difficult to attack and defend from. I think that putting glass in one of the two windows near the intelligence would make it more viable to defend. The submarine is too easy to defend, however. Adding some additional space to fire on the intelligence would make it easier to take out sentries placed there. I didn't get much play time in the other sections, though.