Meridian

TC Meridian rc3

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I think any Valve 5 cp map is a bad example of the difficulty the final rounds should be. Granted, if you're going dedicated defense (rather than trying to win back point 2), Badlands is the most defensible, but the point is still stupidly short to cap, so any number of things can happen that let the enemy team win without your team feeling like they had a chance in hell of reacting to it and stopping it. My goal for Meridian's defense areas would probably be somewhere between that difficulty and gravelpit C's.

I think the ability to defend those areas is fine. I don't want to reduce that much more than it is now. But I do want to give attackers a bit of a leg up so that when they hit the wall of defense it is less likely to send them all the way back to spawn. Both areas will have a little bit more health near them to help demos, soldiers, and spies put pressure on the sentry farms. Additionally, the rear spawn room on the boat is getting removed and opened up, so Red attackers won't have to worry too much about being flanked anymore by going down into that lower area. It has a large ammo pack in it now, so it'll also be a good place for spies to swing through.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
RC2 released. I really need a new batch of high quality screenshots. >_<

Changelog:
RELEASE CANDIDATE 2
* Changed village thatching texture.
* Fixed some unsewn displacement seams.
* Added a way to get out of the upper lake on the Volcano side.
* Removed rear spawn in the boat and opened it up for Red to be able to go in there. This will allow Red to attack from the rear hold without worrying about flanking spawns.
* Added more health around both final defense rounds.
* Added another LOD step to the bamboo models.
* Made several other tweaks in the outside areas to improve general performance.
* Created a new smoke effect for the large volcano.
* Fixed clipping issues in the submarine bay.

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Is there going to be a bug-fix version that comes out soon that we should wait for, or should we just bear it out and play it as-is?

It's not really that noticeable, so I'm thinking the latter.

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
This is one of my favorite maps but i see you are worried about balance between certain areas, but with only 30 minuets on gamedays we dont usually even finish 1 round (where red or blu captures all territories. I have not played all the combinations or played through all stages and then team switched and played through it again as the other side, but i would love to.

My point is i think you need to request a time on the server where this map is played for a long time so you can really test it all the way. Maybe a night event or after gameday or something that could be planned in advance to get a great test in.

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Damn i missed it i was out, do you think we could do it again some time. Glad it worked out though.

Post in this thread in advanced or something if you plan another test.

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
A few bugs and imporvements:

Screenshot 1&2: First the water is blue, then transparent, then blue again

Screenshot 3: Might wanna playerclip this hole so that fools like me dont jump in and spend 3 minutes trying to get out

Screenshit 4: Have no idea where this came from, but it looks weird :s

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Main problem encountered today :
The submarine isn't yellow.

Also, I don't know of any song about giant robots :(

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Today was the first time i played through every stage as both sides. We lost as red all the way up to the last, we defended, then won every round after and took blu's final.

I had alot of fun and it played great. I think the balance is just right.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
tc_meridian_rc20000.jpg

tc_meridian_rc20001.jpg

What.

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Huh, I just noticed the tubes going from the robot's pedestal-thingy to the intel in the robot room aren't actually connected to the wall. They seem to be a good bunch of units away from the wall.

EDIT: Oh, and other comments? Well, none really. Sadly, the only big problem in my opinion (the boat) was just steamrolled and never seen again yesterday, so I can't tell whether it was improved or not. All the other areas seem great, though.

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Yea like muffin said, those tubes aren't connected to the wall.

And I saw some little nodraw spot here, when I was standing on one of those houses:

meridian.JPG

(Ignore the weird language on the screen :p)