Mannbase

CP Mannbase RC2b

skaz_

L3: Member
Oct 12, 2018
B11
Working on transitions and improving the midfight.

Middle:
  • Added ledge for soldiers to use
  • Increased height of the wall to make high bombs easier.
  • Change medium hp pack to small (not sure about this change)
  • Removed sign
  • Made the floor flatter
Second:
  • A new balcony added intended to make the area feel a bit more "more". Often found capping the point and stopping the enemy team from entering from the lobby was quite awkward, hopefully, the balcony helps the area feel a bit more "controllable" for both teams.

Last:
  • Changed left sign (defender persp) to improve the rollout and to make it feel better to play in
  • Cleared up right side to improve sacs
  • Moved under from left to right to also improve sacs (this also increases walk time from lower to lobby to make scouts a bit less powerful when sacing into lobby from last)
Choke
  • Removed doorway, intended to simplify the choke fight. Also will make it simpler to push middle. (might make it more difficult will be keeping a close eye on this)
Quake Room
  • Moved the trigger for the window shutter further back to stop people from hiding up there
I made a vid to show some rollout ideas: here

Read the rest of this update entry...

skaz_

Oct 12, 2018
I've had many people complain that the map feels quite large. I haven't actually compared the map to other 6s maps, however, I feel this is more a feeling of areas being large rather them actually being larger. So this update has mostly been a focus on second/choke. However, there are changes to other areas:

Middle:
  • Shacks size increased
  • New ledge on the outside of quake room
Second:
  • Moved health and ammo closer to choke
  • Fortified the point
  • Closed off sniper angles
Lobby:
  • Opened up the high ground in lobby but cutting a platform out of the wall
Choke:
  • Moved med hp/ammo
  • Added back routed, except in different spot and has a jump-pad
I'm hoping that these changes will make the choke fight and flank fight feel a bit more focused.
I'm also hoping that the choke gets reduced in size due to the change of placement of the medium hp pack and the placement of the jump pad.

skaz_

Oct 12, 2018
B16a
Largeish update to further ready the map for the upcoming summer brawl.
Most changes are optimization but there are also a few graphical changes around the map, this should be the last change before the summer brawl.

• Detailed lower lobby.
• Detailed above lobby.
• Added nebula to red side in 3d the skybox.
• Added details in window room.
• Added details to lobby.
• Added rocks around the map.
• Added vents around the map.
• Raised wall next to the mini hp in middle.
• Lowered HDR intensity.

skaz_

Oct 12, 2018
Thanks to everyone that played the CappingTV Summer Brawl and played Mannbase. The feedback I've received has helped me gauge what the community wants from the map.
B17 contains quite a few changes to middle and varies changes to areas around the map.

This isn't an incredibly large update as I'm trying to be cautious with large changes after people are just learnt the map.

General changes:
• Small optimizations.
• New clipping.
• 3D Skybox lil more interesting

Middle:
• New ledge/window in IT.
• Compacted the area outside quake room and changed the platform into a rock structure.
• New ledge outside quake room.

• New pipe to stand on above IT.

• Removed texture bug.

Second:
• Rock added.
• Pipe added to assist players on the little step up.

Last:
• Added a new wall outside spawn to make last feel shorter.
• Removed sentry spot next to the same wall.

Qauke Room:
• Moved the health pack to assist different demo rollouts.

Lobby:
• New pipes to offer cover and a new way to duke. (did this because while lobby does feel quite large I didn't want to actually make it smaller if this isn't enough then Ill make some more extreme changes.)
• Changed the window to a darker shade so it looks more like a window and less like a hole in the wall.
• Changes lighting.

Window Room:
• New pipe and steel support to remove a surf/pixel walk. (originally I wanted to keep it in but this feels better.)
• New detailing.