Feb 26, 2008
ah, further screens with better lighting pass/ new skybox courtesy my pal void
artpass_mangyh0000_2.jpg

artpass_mangyh0002_2.jpg

Beamos

L2: Junior Member
May 14, 2008
OMFG

Amazing transformation A+++ would play "guess which part of mangy's map this is" again

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I quite like the green mountains, makes it different to every other map that uses that same skybox. There's a shack with grass on the bottom of the wood though in both of those screenshots, but the shacks aren't on grass.

But this map is one impressive transformation, however you've totaly altered the high route to C which now looks like grenades can be spammed over the buildings and onto the point. But looking at the previous page, how does this link to this? (In other words...more beautiful screenshots please!)

KarmaPolice

L3: Member
Jul 25, 2009
I think the new lighting may be a little harsh. Like look at this brick building in the background here, it almost looks like fullbright is on.

I like the forested mountains, though, definitely a nice sight after all the Alpine maps that just use Lumberyard's skybox.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
kudos to void for that skybox.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I think you made it look more fullbright.

It looks really great besides that -- tone down how bright it is and see how that looks, maybe?

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Your outdoor areas used to look so living and realistic, but now they just look boring.

Chemical Alia

L2: Junior Member
Jul 22, 2010
artpass_mangyh0000_2.jpg

Your mountains are in desperate need of atmospheric perspective. Because they are so dark and green, they appear flattened and very close, and it resembles a fake backdrop. Contrast should recede in the distance, but right now they're they're the darkest parts of your screenshots (the foreground buildings being a bit too bright, but that's been well covered by others).

24186-the-atmospheric-perspective-mountains-kosciuszko-national-park-australia.jpg

atmosphere.gif

If you can adjust the colors, I think that will be a great improvement.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
He wants the brilliant green, which I think he should stick with, but you're right that there's not nearly enough atmospheric perspective.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Why?? What did I do? Compared to what :(

edit: btw I'm starting to see the 'overly bright' and will try a dimmer setting on next compile (read: -10%)

It's just too cartoony at this point. Very bright with a very poor looking skybox.

Goombac

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 27, 2010
Well in terms of your lighting, I went back to the earlier posts and saw that it started like

artpass_mangye0000.jpg

Then you changed the lighting and skybox to this

artpass_mangyf0000.jpg

And now you have

artpass_mangyh0002_2.jpg

artpass_mangyh0000_2.jpg

It looks like as you progressed your lighting has become brighter and less dynamic. Now it does kinda look fullbright in places.