CP Mangy's Artpass Thread

Chemical Alia

L2: Junior Member
Jul 22, 2010
artpass_mangyk0008.jpg

CP C is looking awesome. It has a little bit of a Black Mesa vibe, but more stylish. I like the placement of the saturated colors in the focal points, there's a lot of detail but it's not distracting.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
It's nice to just get a compliment post once in awhile, while CC is great and al it's not nearly as satisfying, ty

Gave blood yesterday so I couldn't stay up as late as I wanted to but I managed to finish playerclipping, most of the entity work, and most of the optimization. Still to go:

-Fix rest of ents
-Double check health placement
-Add fade distances to props
-Cubemaps
-Soundscapes
-If have time, add more detail to Blu spawn building

IrishTaxIDriver

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 27, 2008
I like the center, but I still think you should segment the arches again. All the other curves in the room look great but they stick out like a sore thumb.

Good luck Mangy :)

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Good luck Mangy! You'll pull through, you're a great mapper and you shouldn't have any trouble with finishing on time.

edit:

VVVVVV that was pretty fast. Time to run through it.

Last edited:

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Finished. I hope. Check the FP for a download link, it's still uploading so please be patient.
entry.jpg

Bound to have made mistakes so if anyone is so kind as to check through the map for major things (minor things might just depress me) I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll be using the 1 week timespan to make those more serious changes. Love to see it in gameplay sometime but I just don't have that time at the moment. FPS, or rather areas of noticeably poor performance, are also welcome for notation.

Special thanks to all who encouraged, gave advice, and to Void for making some great materials. Good luck to the rest of the competitors :)

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
19o66.jpg

You might have forgotten something.

Also:

6t7ms.jpg

Yes, this is nitpicking, but that window and the one to the right of it flicker as you go closer to it (probably too close to the wall? I dunno how those glitches work out).

edit: and did you have to name your CPs or something? your point A is named " #Caves_cap_A " and i'm assuming it's like that for the rest of the points.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
Yo Mangy, Couple problems:

artpass_mangy0000.jpg

^Might just be me, I dunno. Odd, though.

artpass_mangy0001.jpg

The Ceiling is too low down on that platform. You can't jump off the platform without crouching. Kinda annoying.

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Yes, looks like a missing blend modulate texture, but I'm looking forward to playing this!