Little Chew Chew and other Payload Questions

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

BaconCat

L1: Registered
Aug 31, 2011
Hey guys! Here I am again asking for noob advice! :D

Does anyone have a decompiled version of Frontier that works? Every time I try and open it in hammer it crashes. :(

Basically, I want to add a Little Chew Chew payload Kart to my trade map, but just want it to go around in a circle, preferably not even causing the payload doodad to show on the hud.

How would I go about doing that?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
You can extract the map file (BSP) from the encrypted steam file (GCF) on your computer yourself, using Nem's GCFScape.
Then decompile it with VMEX.

Frankly the Chew Chew is a terrible payload model to use unless the circle you have in mind is incredibly wide, because of its dimensions cause it to clip and trap players on corners/bends.

That said, it's only a case of finding the chew chew model and use that instead of the standard cart model (and perhaps move where you put the dispenser beam source). There's not really any extra stuff involved from basic payload except th trailing flatbed.

I believe there's a way to disable the HUD but it's not something i've personally looked into in detail enough to say how (It's probably a check box), though you havn't really explained why or how that aspect of your gameplay is supposed to work. More info would go a long way in order to be able to give you definitive answers.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
You can extract the map file (BSP) from the encrypted steam file (GCF) on your computer yourself, using Nem's GCFScape.
What

Last edited by a moderator:

BaconCat

L1: Registered
Aug 31, 2011
I tried that version yyler but it's crashing Hammer when I open it.

HA! Typical. I open it, it cried about invalid solids, then opens, and little chew chew was the invalid solids. FML.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
if you just want it to go around in a circle and not capture anything - just make it a func_train - and a prop_dynamic (chew chew model) and parent it to the train - there will be no hud