Little Chew Chew and other Payload Questions

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BaconCat, Jul 10, 2012.

1. BaconCat

BaconCat L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys! Here I am again asking for noob advice! :D

Does anyone have a decompiled version of Frontier that works? Every time I try and open it in hammer it crashes. :(

Basically, I want to add a Little Chew Chew payload Kart to my trade map, but just want it to go around in a circle, preferably not even causing the payload doodad to show on the hud.

How would I go about doing that?

2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    You can extract the map file (BSP) from the encrypted steam file (GCF) on your computer yourself, using Nem's GCFScape.
    Then decompile it with VMEX.

Frankly the Chew Chew is a terrible payload model to use unless the circle you have in mind is incredibly wide, because of its dimensions cause it to clip and trap players on corners/bends.

That said, it's only a case of finding the chew chew model and use that instead of the standard cart model (and perhaps move where you put the dispenser beam source). There's not really any extra stuff involved from basic payload except th trailing flatbed.

I believe there's a way to disable the HUD but it's not something i've personally looked into in detail enough to say how (It's probably a check box), though you havn't really explained why or how that aspect of your gameplay is supposed to work. More info would go a long way in order to be able to give you definitive answers.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    If it's going by itself, just don't use a train watcher and there won't be a HUD things for it I believe.

The version Blade posted on his thread works for me. I'd link you but I'm on my phone.

Edit: http://www.forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=5952

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    What

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Nobody let me post when i'm tired.

6. BaconCat

BaconCat L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I tried that version yyler but it's crashing Hammer when I open it.

HA! Typical. I open it, it cried about invalid solids, then opens, and little chew chew was the invalid solids. FML.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  7. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    if you just want it to go around in a circle and not capture anything - just make it a func_train - and a prop_dynamic (chew chew model) and parent it to the train - there will be no hud

8. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    The ugly logic behind chew chew had to do with stopping and starting again near CP's. It's really just two func_trains with the same inputs; do you need the brushwork for the back end?