L4D2 Preorders are now available.

Delusibeta

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
Successful boycott is successful.
"Based on the strength of pre-orders, Left 4 Dead 2 will be the fastest-selling product in Valve's history," said Gabe Newell, president of Valve. "Left 4 Dead 2 has consistently run at 300% of Left 4 Dead's numbers."

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Successful boycott is successful.

The more important quote is this one-

"Left 4 Dead 2 has already set the record for greatest number of pre-orders in our company's history, and we're still over a month out from shipping."

3 days of L4D2 preorders beats full months of preorders for any other Valve game.

robothive

L1: Registered
Sep 18, 2009
Pre-ordered. :D

Any idea when Valve will allow us to pre-download it?

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
I can't pre-order it! there's nothing on the l4d2 page for ordering. Maybe it's because I'm in Australia. Curse you runaway censorship! [/shakes fist angrily]

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
I can't pre-order it! there's nothing on the l4d2 page for ordering. Maybe it's because I'm in Australia. Curse you runaway censorship! [/shakes fist angrily]

Hmm thats weird try going to the news archive and linking to it from their. Unless you never got that news post.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
*sniff*
I shall have to turn to the box edition for any hope of seeing it. Wait, I know! I'll sign up as a boycotter, and get flown to America by Gabe Newell! Pure brilliance! Now, who wants to sponsor me?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
3 days of L4D2 preorders beats full months of preorders for any other Valve game.

That's surprising, especially since Halo 3 was such a nerd's wet dream, and still Half-Life 2 beat Halo 3 in pre-sales alone. I'm inclined to remember it as more than double, but i can't really remember so..

I don't know why i find it odd that L4D2 has managed to presale more than their original single player product. But i guess good for them?

We're still waiting for that HL2:Episode 3. What ever happened to not so much content, but faster releases for cheaper prices.

AyesDyef

L2: Junior Member
Jun 12, 2009
That's surprising, especially since Halo 3 was such a nerd's wet dream, and still Half-Life 2 beat Halo 3 in pre-sales alone. I'm inclined to remember it as more than double, but i can't really remember so..

I don't know why i find it odd that L4D2 has managed to presale more than their original single player product. But i guess good for them?

We're still waiting for that HL2:Episode 3. What ever happened to not so much content, but faster releases for cheaper prices.

Well with HL2 preorders, you get all the fans of HL1 and die hard fans of the series.

L4D2 preorders, you get all the fans of L4D1 plus fans of zombies games. Here's the best part, being a multiplayer game for the most part.
You find all those friends showing the game to their friends and so fourth, thus like zombies. Sales go viral :p

Then you might argue, why a game like TF2 doesn't get as many pre-orders.
Well when TF2 came out, there were enough players on servers that you didn't need to invite your friends to make the most of the game.

Co-op in such a way, is an extremely good money maker :p