Sabotage related, and Tak approved!
aa
Jan 15, 2016
Can you please give more screenshots?

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
Is that fullbright? You should always set up a light_environment, because fullbright carries from map to map (if I remember correctly) and it just looks ugly.

Can you please give more screenshots?
And that, more screenshots please! That picture tells us nothing about your map, let us see how it actually looks like! :)

benjijedi

L1: Registered
Apr 10, 2016
yeah, I'm gonna do the lighting after everything else as well as add more screenshots

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
Putting in a light_environment entity takes less than a minute and does wonders for your map. Just put the entity anywhere in your map. If you don't know what to fill in for the values, use the recommended values for the skybox texture you chose here. When you do this, your indoor areas will become dark, so you'll have to use individual light entities to brighten up the space.

I loaded your map to take a look. See this?
u07q7Z7.jpg

The checkerboard texture means your custom texture is not packed into the bsp, and the red error model means the same thing for custom models. If you pack them into the bsp, then people won't have to download all the custom assets used in your map in order to see them. Here's a tutorial.

Lastly, making your ground one giant slab is ok for learning, but try not to do this in serious maps. Use displacements and more brushes to make your terrain exciting and not flat.

Edit: one more thing--version your filename using _a1, _a2 etc for maps early in development. If you use the same name for all your versions, it will cause problems for anyone who owns an older version of your map that has the same name. Rename the vmf before compiling or else it might break your map.

benjijedi

Apr 10, 2016
Don't worry, I'm just getting the basic layout of the map done, afterwards I will be adding in the detailing. To your other question on the checkerboard texture, did you install the assets i put in the description, it seems like you haven't because the custom models aren't there either?

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
To your other question on the checkerboard texture, did you install the assets i put in the description, it seems like you haven't because the custom models aren't there either?
I shouldn't need to. That's why packing exists; it includes the custom content in your map so that people don't need to download extra assets. You should always take it upon yourself to pack custom content

benjijedi

Apr 10, 2016
Quick question, would you rather have more frequent updates with less in them or less frequent updates with more in them?