Symmetrical 3CP Push
Powerhouse-style CP map, because the 72hr contest hasn't spawned enough of those. It's a finalist!
* added a round timer
* added lights to the buildings that had no lights
* re-did spawn zones and final control points entirely
* made some large empty rooms less large and empty
* blocked off shortcut cos it was a dumb and poorly-implemented idea
* added spec cams
* improved lighting and made the indoor areas less depressing
* control point props now change colour when captured
* opened up a third route to final
* tightened up outside area
* lit up a dark flank route at final
* added a clip brush I forgot in the last version so people can no longer get out of the map (hopefully)
* shortened mid cap time from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
* fixed Blue being unable to block Red from capturing their final control point
* other misc changes
* started detail pass cos why not
* tightened up a couple more large rooms
* disabled collision on some props
* added medium health kit at mid
* increased control point cap times
* replaced temporarily-smooshed-together barrel_crates with better-looking piles of crates and barrels
* various other changes and fixes I didn’t keep track of
Slagfall was a 3-CP, though I dropped out the contest, so guess it doesn't matter much
I was being sarcastic, approximately half the maps entered in this contest are 3CP maps
The detailing and brushwork is simple but looks really clean, good job on that.
Remember kids, I did 72-hour 3CP first
Cool your jets, I did it before it was cool. (and probably others)
3CP is old news anyway, everyone knows Pass Time is the new hotness.
Here's that neutral skin for you
edit: updated version
Welcome to the club
The 3CP mapping meta should eventually prevent this stalematey-ness. I want to redo my map from scratch once the judging passes.
Well I have a few ideas on how I could sort it out. Changing spawn times and cap times is a good start, I think. just a shame I can't do anything for another month or so...
I personally should've reduced the cap times on the last points and scaled downwards throughout the map.
At least your entry didn't have respawn times that went up an infinitely gaining amount of time. Hate myself for that.
I still think a well placed forward spawn would do no end of good in most of the 3CP maps i've played: in the time it takes to get back to mid the other team have made a push and retaken it
3p is a pretty flawed gamemode above anything other than 6v6. Too bad too because a lot of these maps are fun to play on.
I think the main problem is that they cant have the buffer zone that 5cp has without making it stalemate city like Powerhouse has, ultimately only two choke points. Its either a stalemate or a roll. The only time i have ever seen it sway is when the winning team gets scrambled and the best heavy/soldier players get on the losing side.
Another problem with this is that the gamemode doesn't exactly transition smoothy into 5cp or koth so you cant salvage good map design easily and throw it into another gamemode.
Honestly I don't think its the gamemode, but more that the level design for 3CP is approached in the same way as 5CP, with a hard to push last.
I think that it was really noticeable in cp_tidewater that the final point was fairly easy to cap, even if only a few people assaulted it. This kept the map from stalemating, but there was still a lot of to and fro across mid.
TL: DR Tidewater's mid is sort of stalematey and it's last is easy to attack, and it made 3CP really fun
Separate names with a comma.