ARENA Ixem [Provisional Title] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2012
Must've missed it, have the same model downloaded myself so. However you should pack the unpacked prop since it's a big nono on testing.
This is an important reason to use the sv_pure 2 method of checking packed content, rather than asking another person to run the map. If they have the same content,then you'll receive a false positive. In addition, mappers are the worst possible friends to help out in this regard because they're the most likely people to have custom content installed locally.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
TMB: So i said, Hammer!
*Everyone laught*
Muddy: Oh TMB you are so awesome!
NickTF: Yeah, you are the coolest guy ever!
TMB: Yeah, i know.
Random User: hey, tbm, i tink u succs, jajaja lol xdxdxd
TMB: Oh please just shut up!
Random User has been banned from TMB's Life
TMB: Naturally
*Everyone laught*

true-story.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Folks, please keep on topic in map threads. I've deleted several off-topic posts.
I'm sorry about that, that was extremely immature of me to post that. I certainly wasnt thinking when I posted my response. I still don't get why TMB put words in my mouth by making some weird fake chat thingy to make it look like I praise him as a god :/

Anyways, about the map; I still feel as if the points are too close to eachother and are very hard to defend. I haven't played a15 yet, but I can already tell you haven't changed much about the points. There really is no good place to defend with sentries, unless you find some really obscure place to build. Even then, some of the weird building places I see can be easily flanked, and shot at by all directions.

I'd also suggest maybe making the ground displacements, so that it doesnt look like flat ramps with a ground texture, rather looks like smooth terrain.

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
@Bakscratch I believe, he didn't use carve and used Arch. There are so many recommendations to not use it, probably even TMB have seen some.
@TMB: If that's not true, better remake them with the Arch tool.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
i always use the best tool, Carve.
And btw, i know the best pat was 69 but i wanted to put others numbers in a reference to something

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
i always use the best tool, Carve.
I hope you're joking.

I seriously hope you're joking.

Don't carve. Ever. It fucks up your brushes in a really bad way that makes it a big steaming pile of poop. You should avoid it like the plague and use the clipping tool.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
I hope you're joking.

I seriously hope you're joking.

Don't carve. Ever. It fucks up your brushes in a really bad way that makes it a big steaming pile of poop. You should avoid it like the plague and use the clipping tool.
Of course i was (not) joking!

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Nah, the door top angle seriously looks like the whole thing was carved. That's what happen when you carve cylinders.
@TMB: Don't. Remake them with the Arch tool.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Being used with brushes more complicated than just square forms (like cylinders), carve creates unclean geometry, possible microbrushes. This geometry is nearly impossible to edit, it's offgrid. With the cylinders espically there is a way better variant - Arch tool, which creates ongrid, editable and logical brushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.