aa
Mar 10, 2015
Why you hate carve tool?
It makes ugly mess brushes.

NdJw5bM.jpg

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
at the moment i dont have any problem so im gonna still using carve and show that is not hard to use it

Flower_Shop_Guy

♪ -- ♫ -- ♪
aa
Mar 10, 2015
at the moment i dont have any problem so im gonna still using carve and show that is not hard to use it
Tom-hanks.gif

Ok.
DyA8qwg.jpg

NDv6fGp.jpg

Gold quote about carve tool:

"NO

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SACRED NO!!!

Do not carve! Never, ever, carve anything more complex than a box into another box, and even then you're probably better off using the clipping tool. Carving will choose for you how it cuts up the brushes, and it'll almost always choose horrific awful ways. I deliberately linked to archtutorials because that's the best way to make a circular hole.

I repeat for emphasis:
NEVER CARVE ANYTHING MORE THAN A BOX IN ANOTHER BOX"

Last edited:

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016

Any change you need to do the carved object... Yeah, no, you need to re do it if you have to make any changes to the carved object.

Arches are better anyways.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Im gonna use carve and i dont see any problem to use it, so stop telling me dont use it

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
However the reason why people recommend you to stop using carve is quite simple.

"Never, ever, carve anything more complex than a box into another box, and even then you're probably better off using the clipping tool. Carving will choose for you how it cuts up the brushes, and it'll almost always choose horrific awful ways."

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
Aren't you having problems with compiling?
Also how I could tell it was carved, these brush faces are being rendered when they shouldn't be. You should no draw them, I guess it it func_detailed to?
6DDE8BEDBCDAC5F774AF54E1498F76BDB36E9CA6

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
in my alpha versions i never use nodraw, only for water, the rest of things have dev textures

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Seriously, which one should you use, a tool that does the shape for you with a horrible outcome (carve) or a tool that does the shape for you with a good outcome (arch, cylinder, spike, wedge etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.