Increased Police Violence in OWS protests

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
i like how the media is handling the protests, exactly how they handled the vietnam war protests!

instead of debating the real issue (killing millions of Indochinese civilians in the above example), lets blanket insult all of the protestors and call them hippies!

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
So they declared the assembly unlawful by deciding to do a $50,000,000 restoration project on the park? That's kinda sneaky.

Also, Terwonick, lets not be telling people to shut up, that's going beyond peaceful discussion.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
So they declared the assembly unlawful by deciding to do a $50,000,000 restoration project on the park? That's kinda sneaky.

Also, Terwonick, lets not be telling people to shut up, that's going beyond peaceful discussion.

No, I'm from Philly, so I know this first hand.

They are protesting around city hall, which is a VERY old building (all of philly is an old building)... This project was planned for a while and the city gov't/major gave notice to the protestors -asking- if they could clear out by the start of the project, and relocate to another park which I think the city is letting them set up in.

So its not sneaky, Philadelphia gov't and comissioners have been pretty good with the Occupy Philly Protestors.

Also, Mangy, Terwonick, Wilson, Shut up and Play nice.

Last edited:

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Reposting because I've added a clarification that should validate not deleting this post:
and Mangy, please shut up before you get yourself in trouble, cause you're a valuable member of this community and you are kinda trying to start a flame war by not even backing up the "you fucking idiot" stuff. I'm sorry that our opinions differ, but that's not a legitimate reason to shove your opinions down my throat... Opinions you failed to clearly state.

facts != opinions. Our opinions don't differ, you just have your facts wrong

Also I contend that 'you're a fucking idiot' is actually a fact in your case. Again, start paying substantial taxes and maybe you'll have a ground to state your case on. Right now I don't see how you can argue anything when the evil gov't takes 80 cents off your movie theatre job's 7.15/hour

edit: I'm not hating on you because it makes me feel good (ok it kinda does) to shit on a 15 y/o or whatever you are. I'm hoping some of this will get through your thickly self-centered teenage skull and maybe blast through the layer of hubris you've got clouding your thoughts enough to re-center your perspective. Fuck, I don't know anything and I'm 7 years older than you. I doubt I'll really understand anything for another 22 years. Wish someone had been able to convince me of how little I knew when I was your age, because I was kind of a little shit then too.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
No, I'm from Philly, so I know this first hand.

They are protesting around city hall, which is a VERY old building (all of philly is an old building)... This project was planned for a while and the city gov't/major gave notice to the protestors -asking- if they could clear out by the start of the project, and relocate to another park which I think the city is letting them set up in.

So its not sneaky, Philadelphia gov't and comissioners have been pretty good with the Occupy Philly Protestors.

I guess that's the issue with reading things like Yahoo News or MSN News, they only do tiny articles with limited relevant information. You don't get the bigger picture.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
instead of debating the real issue (killing millions of Indochinese civilians in the above example), lets blanket insult all of the protestors and call them hippies!

In all fairness a few major stations (msnbc, current) are taking a sympathetic and supportive view, while others like CBC, and CNN seem to be keeping a neutral standpoint. The only ones going out of their way to get into name calling are the right wing conservative idiots.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
In all fairness a few major stations (msnbc, current) are taking a sympathetic and supportive view, while others like CBC, and CNN seem to be keeping a neutral standpoint. The only ones going out of their way to get into name calling are the right wing conservative idiots.

No change there then, amirite?

As i've watched this entire thing unfold i haven't been able to take a single right wing interviewee or interviewer/reporter seriously. Resorting to petty insults, over simplifying the issues and avoiding talking about why these people are doing what they're doing, only that they are doing it.

Whilst for the most part i laugh at the childish angsty remarks i'm also heavily concerned that many people will actually believe such drivvle and pass on such views via word of mouth as fact. Whilst it's easy to fob off a right wing biased news network like fox, you never really know where your friends are getting their information from in passing conversation, that kind of thing doesn't usually come up.

Terwonick

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 25, 2010
Reposting because I've added a clarification that should validate not deleting this post:

facts != opinions. Our opinions don't differ, you just have your facts wrong

Also I contend that 'you're a fucking idiot' is actually a fact in your case. Again, start paying substantial taxes and maybe you'll have a ground to state your case on. Right now I don't see how you can argue anything when the evil gov't takes 80 cents off your movie theatre job's 7.15/hour

edit: I'm not hating on you because it makes me feel good (ok it kinda does) to shit on a 15 y/o or whatever you are. I'm hoping some of this will get through your thickly self-centered teenage skull and maybe blast through the layer of hubris you've got clouding your thoughts enough to re-center your perspective. Fuck, I don't know anything and I'm 7 years older than you. I doubt I'll really understand anything for another 22 years. Wish someone had been able to convince me of how little I knew when I was your age, because I was kind of a little shit then too.

I think I'm going to withdraw from this conversation because

1) I've been respectful of other's opinions (facts apparently), and they have constantly put mine down
2) Apparently I'm receiving ~88% of my hard-earned cash, when in reality I'm only getting ~65%
3) I have had verbal attacks upon my persons, and while (slightly) justified, have hurt me never-the-less (and apparantly it brings them pleasure???)

Good job all, you just whittled the speaking opposition down to 1