Idle_Arena_AlphaV2

Haas

L1: Registered
Aug 26, 2008
there's kind of a huge difference between sitting in an idle server in-game and using a third party client to access valve servers and do the same thing. Valve felt violated by this, as anyone would really.. but you can't ban idle maps, simply because the website is called tf2 MAPS. M A P S. you yourself said the word MAPS. so who cares? all mappers have to start somewhere, why not an idle map?

srry for the late reaction, but as I said Idle maps are made to exploit the game system. And should there fore be banned.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Weren't idle maps normally acheivement servers where nobody gets achievments just fight.

Daedryon

L3: Member
Dec 5, 2009
Probably.

But I'd like to announce that this map will not be updated. I have a paintball map I'm working on, and I just made a new map, "achievement_idle_daedryon" that I'm currently working on.

I've basically discontinued this map, but if you want, you can decompile it in VMEX, load it into Hammer and update it with your own touches.

Daedryon

Dec 5, 2009
can't you just make a real map? Even if it is arena. It's a good starting point.

I just said above, I'm working on a paintball map. That's technically a real map.

Besides, I don't see myself making maps like 2Fort. Takes too long to make a map like that, and I don't have the time, due to college/work.

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
Paintball map?
Why not just touch up the hl1 paintball mod (with permission).

gamemaster1996

Sep 30, 2009
That's why i said touch it up.

Daedryon

Dec 5, 2009
Paintball map?
Why not just touch up the hl1 paintball mod (with permission).

Nah.

See, as I've explained before, I have Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball for the XBOX Original. It's backwards-compatible on the XBOX 360.

What I'm gonna do is load up GHTP, go into an outdoor field ingame, and do a top-down sketch of the field.

Then I'm gonna go into Hammer, and recreate it.

I can even freestyle a CTF-style Paintball map, where one team starts out in a base, or building, and the other team starts outside, and the team that starts outside has to run into the base/building and cap a point to win.

The reason I can freestyle a CTF style map is because here in Ontario, there's an outdoor paintball place called DMZ, and they have several paintball fields, such as a speedball field, a mockup of a town, your basic field with various fencing for cover that we play capture the flag on, a field completely populated with trees, and a capture the base field.