Hammer's 3d view is bugged

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Don, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Don

Don L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to move around my map and the camera suddently changes to an ''angle view''. What I can see, I see it angled and it is really annoying. Also it changes the way the camera moves. Any clue how to fix this or maybe I,m doing something wrong? It happens like every 5 minutes and isn't changing back for 5 minutes...

2. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    It breaks for me whenever I'm chatting with someone over Steam

3. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    are you two talking about the Z button thingy? I remember hitting the Z button by error and getting that weird view I couldn't get away from. well just press Z again to exit this view.

4. Don

Positive Ratings:
    No, z button is activating the camera rotation with the mouse instead of arrows. Our problem is changing the angle of the camera, which is a pretty strange problem. It hapenned the first time for me today, after the steam client update. Maybe a fail from Valve on Source, again?

5. Don

Positive Ratings:
    There is also another easy way I found that would let you get the camera back to normal, which is to quickly move your mouse from camera zone to grid zone, a few times. It should get back to normal after like 20 times... (do it rapidly).

6. pitto

pitto L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    yeah I got this 2, pretty sure it is fail on valves behalf with the client update 2day

7. zornor

zornor L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I clicked on the intersection of the boundaries between all the viewpoints and dragged it around a bit to fix it.

I think what's happening is it's showing a fullscreen view, but cropping everything outside of the viewpoint to give a weird effect.

8. Waif

Waif L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    yeah I had this (if its where the cam would suddenly go to a wonky sideways 3d view for no apparant reason!). Pretty annoying lol.

9. eXeC

eXeC L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I had it but after rightclicking camera->3d textured shaded polygons it seemed to fix itself. Try that.

10. Sebhael

Sebhael L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I was having this issue a couple of nights ago, I don't know what happened in between now and there but I've seemed to fix it. I thought it was a Windows 7 thing, and in between the last time and now I've installed the latest video drivers and set my Hammer.exe to load with Vista SP2 compatibility options.

I don't know what to say about the error on XP and Vista though...

11. III_Demon

III_Demon L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    yup. having the same issue, and only recently. it definitely looks like its rendering the camera to all 4 views - the entire hammer window, instead of just the 3d viewport - and then cropping it to the viewport. fiddling with views or object selection or something tends to randomly fix it.

12. Bonafide

Bonafide L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yea i have this problem too. Instead of going straight when I press the direction WASD the camera goes off at a weird random angle.

13. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    I just started having this problem today. It's very annoying

14. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Camera view is becoming skewered

[​IMG]

Top: The skewered vision
    Bottom: what it's normally.

Recently (just today) the camera view has been acting up - all the others are fine. I'll be moving around within the view, and then all of a sudden it will mess up and distort to look like the top image. I can just about get it back to normal but it keeps happening. The only things that have changed since the last time I opened hammer are:
    Yesterday I got a BSOD, and today I refreshed the SDK content.

Anybody else having this problem?

15. MildlyMad

MildlyMad L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I had this problem, I found clicking the other views reset it, sometimes. No idea whats causing it.

16. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    *merge*

17. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    oh thanks ;3
    my search terms were apparently completely off

18. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    The same thing has been happening with me too. :(

19. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    Damn it, I can't work on my map with this camera >.>

I'll go and work on some top secret overlays instead <.<

20. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I came to this section to post about this very issue, glad it's not just me.