aa
Feb 3, 2009
Yep, I'm getting it too.

32zugbs.jpg

2co4j28.jpg

MaGicBush

L2: Junior Member
Jun 9, 2009
Damn this sucks, yesterday it worked fine but now I am having the same issue. So close to getting my first alpha done to :(. Makes it really hard to map, all I need is like 3 hours grr.

How could Valve let something that obvious through, they obviously don't test patches if it's this wide-spread!

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Damn this sucks, yesterday it worked fine but now I am having the same issue. So close to getting my first alpha done to :(. Makes it really hard to map, all I need is like 3 hours grr.

How could Valve let something that obvious through, they obviously don't test patches if it's this wide-spread!

But think about it, if the patch was completely unrelated to hammer, but changed a file it used, I wouldn't blame them for not testing it considering it wasn't -related- to hammer.

kirbysamus

L1: Registered
Jan 22, 2009
I'm almost done with my 2nd alpha when this hits. RAAAAAEG! Although I did find that changing the size of the grid works just as well if not better than switching camera views.

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Well, mine got back to normal after I restarted steam. I had a problem when testing my map and going back to hammer, it crashed steam, I was raging. Hopefully, when I opened hammer again, my map was saved, the camera thing stopped and they lived hapily for ever.

:D

EDIT: Nvm, it's back again! D:

Last edited:

Jamini

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2008
Anyone found a concrete solution to this problem yet?

I've tried restarting Steam, and even my entire computer, no dice (as well as fiddling with various options in the 3d view tab and pretty much every option that affects the 3d-camera view in some way (and many options that have NOTHING to do with it) and I've had no luck.

Open Blade

L420: High Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mine only does this on start up and after a few seconds of loading the map, it goes back to normal. Just started doing this last night. Thought I had a few too many beers. D:

Hopefully we get a fix soon.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
If it goes to that view I find minimizing hammer and restoring it reverts abck to normal.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Well I've found that if you open just hammer.exe in the correct folder your wanting to map a map in that the weird camera view does not exist. BUT! In the grid view the model props don't show up as grid lines, they show up as purple and black checkerboard textures. Weird. I also get this message when opening a map running hammer.exe not through sdk "Failed to load the default scheme file. The map views may be missing some visual elements."

$ausage

Jun 10, 2009
I am having absolutely no problems with the camera angle, but I've noticed that it's gotten a bit more laggy for me...

HoundDawg

Dec 18, 2007
This started happening to me right after the TF2 update yesterday. It's very annoying and can really screw things up, especially when trying to apply textures and overlays.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I'm hoping this has been brought up in the steam forums. UNLESS valve wanted to slow the production of our maps down just here! =O Cause there were just so many good ones coming out they though to themselves, "Quick! We must think of a way to slow TF2Maps.net from releasing better maps faster than us!" BAM! They came up with this. But somehow it only affect us... *looks around* what have you done valve.... what have you done...

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
Grrr.... This is so damn annoying, it happens the WHOLE DAMN TIME... Never is normal for me.