Hammer's 3d view is bugged

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I talked with Erik Johnson (Project Manager at VALVe) last night and he told me to email Mike Durand (SDK guy), so you can at least be assured VALVe is aware to some degree or another that no one can map.

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
What I do is this:

Close all chat windows and set friends list on offline (and log on to windows live messenger)

That way I only get that bug once/hour. If it still happens just resize your the 4 windows, minimize->maximize the hammer window or something like that.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
What I do is this:

Close all chat windows and set friends list on offline (and log on to windows live messenger)

That way I only get that bug once/hour. If it still happens just resize your the 4 windows, minimize->maximize the hammer window or something like that.

Yea, I also recommend doing this, it works. :)

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
I went to the options and changed the fov.

Cleared right up.

(s2a) yahodahan

L3: Member
Apr 22, 2009
silly hammer, happily shortening all of our lives with it's stress...

and yet we trudge on :)

(cuz it's pretty, too)

(but can be oh-so-frustrating)

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
I hope it gets fixed soon. the way Ive been trying to reset my view is to click on random brushes, but when my view goes back to regular, I find that things that werent even in my FOV have been clicked or double clicked.

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Do we have any answer from any valve members (SDK guy) yet?

Tentor

L1: Registered
Nov 28, 2008
God that is so annoying. Ever since that stinking update valve has been pissing on hammer.

TJW941

L1: Registered
Jun 16, 2009
it happens to me... i fix it by quickly zooming in and out with the scroll wheel

TracerDX

Jun 9, 2009
Anything that causes a redraw of the Windows control that houses the 3D view seems to "fix" it 90% of the time. The simplest IMO is just clicking any of the resize bars around the 4 views.

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
I get this sometimes, but when I click on something, it usually goes away

Edit: I just had another problem that I've never had before, while looking through the model browser all of a sudden It zoomed in on the top left corner of the browser, every other screen was fine, I didn't press anything and after a few seconds, it went back without me touching it. HELP US VALVE!!!

Last edited:

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
I get this sometimes, but when I click on something, it usually goes away

Edit: I just had another problem that I've never had before, while looking through the model browser all of a sudden It zoomed in on the top left corner of the browser, every other screen was fine, I didn't press anything and after a few seconds, it went back without me touching it. HELP US VALVE!!!

Yeah, I just experienced this too.

pitto

Feb 17, 2009
Ok, I have gotten this bug not only in the 3D view
but in the Model view, and the 2D views, very weird and annoying
hopefully it is fixed soon, taking longer 2 do things

Schmoe

L2: Junior Member
May 18, 2008
This is probably due to a recent compatibility patch to Steam for other games.

mtv22

Feb 28, 2009
Happens to me too, usually when I first start up. All you have to do is move the mouse between the grid and camera a bunch.