Haarp

CTF Haarp rc

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
Yeah, the map is pretty cool when you run arround it. Once you multiplay it, it becomes a nightmare. First, the window, it is so hard to get in and yet, so easy for red to kill from it. Also, it is very airblast friendly. Which means, pyro/spychecker fest. I'd suggest you add some walls or something alike to block from always falling. This place in the stage 1 is also big and wide open. Headshot 50% of the time.

Stage 2, is, in my opinion, 20 times better. I have not tested it multiplayer but allready, I get a better feeling about this one.

Keep it up, it's looking very good! :)

Aug 19, 2008
i love the cute idea that you have to bring the intel to a desk ^^
but the question is, what will be the grand finale? needs to be something witty and spectacular

i didn´t mind the falling at all, but was very frustrated with the way to tight corridors, it was hard to get behind enemy lines using the these corridors

the layout towards the 2nd cps also completely splits up blu and narrows the possible coordination of a successful attack
on the tf2maps server there are some tactics going, but just imagine random pub-play :/

Don

Jun 3, 2009
i love the cute idea that you have to bring the intel to a desk ^^
but the question is, what will be the grand finale? needs to be something witty and spectacular

i didn´t mind the falling at all, but was very frustrated with the way to tight corridors, it was hard to get behind enemy lines using the these corridors

the layout towards the 2nd cps also completely splits up blu and narrows the possible coordination of a successful attack
on the tf2maps server there are some tactics going, but just imagine random pub-play :/

Yes, I don't mind but when it reaches the 20 falls per round, you mind...

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
I'm in the process of making CP2 larger and making the whole map less cramped. The next alpha will be very different from the current version.

The first area is intented to be wide open. However I may add more railings/walls to counter airblasts or decrease sight-lines if it becomes a reoccurring issue.

And I know what you mean about the one path being very far away form the others eerie, I'm just not sure how I'm going to fix that yet. :/

I know what the last point is, but I'm not telling yet. Needless to say it will be spectacular.:p

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Updated to alpha 3

---------
ctf_haarp_a3
---------

Game Rules changes:
-Icarus's fancy Security Alert sounds now play for Red.
-Normal flag dropped, taken, etc. sounds now work for both teams.
-The flag carrier and any teammates near him are awarded 2 points for capturing a control point.
-The flag now returns immediately if it falls off of a cliff.
-The overall return time is reduced to 30 seconds.

Layout changes:
-Section 1 is larger, especially around CP 1-2.
-In many areas of Section 1, the layout is changed slightly to accommodate the extra spaciousness.
-Blue Spawn in Section 1 is now much larger.
-Red Spawn in Section 1 now forces Red to run down a short hallway that leads them behind CP 1-2
-Added some metal panels underneath the CP 1-1 window in-case a soldier or demo misses their jump.
-Removed the staircase up to the rear balcony near CP 1-2. The balcony is now connected to the upper entrance for Blue.
-The upper entrance for Blue into CP 1-2 is now connected to a catwalk that runs around the right side of CP 1-2. This catwalk also lets Red exit CP 1-2 via the upper path.
-In Section 2 the rocks in front of CP 2-1 now completely cover the edge of the wall.
-Added a shack for Red to get on top of outside Blue's spawn-exit in Section 2.
-Removed a door near CP 2-1 to give Red a better sentry area.

Last edited:

Don

Jun 3, 2009
Where is CP1 in stage 1? I can't find it. :rolleyes:

:p

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Updated to alpha 4

-------------------
ctf_haarp_a4
-------------------

Game Rules changes:
-Fixed Security Alert sounds.
-The flag will now always spawn in front of Blue's spawn, even after the first CP of a section is captured.
-The flags in Section 2 now spawn outside of the round-start gates.

Layout changes:
-The path in Section 1 from the helipad into CP 1-2, with the one way gate, has been removed.
-There are various changes to the remaining paths into CP 1-2, including a new one way gate on the right-most entrance.
-There is now a small balcony next to CP 1-2 for Red to build defenses on.
-The area surrounding CP 2-1 in Section 2 is now larger.
-Red has a new shack to build defenses in outside of CP 2-1

edit: Doh, a door is broken. Making a new version...

Last edited:

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Okay, had to update it to alpha 5 right away to fix the door bug. But I took the time to add a couple other things while I was at it.

-------------------
ctf_haarp_a5
-------------------

Game Rules changes:
-Fixed the "control point being contested" sounds playing.

Layout changes:
-Fixed a bug causing the one way door in Section 1 not to open.
-Added Shmitz's intelligence pedestal model to the intel spawn points. Blue team still delivers intel to computer terminals.
-Added spectator cameras

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Yeah, I remember it being extremely overwhelming for RED. Am I wrong, or is RED completely unable to block the capture? You should change that.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Yay, the third section is playable! I've uploaded it as ctf_haarp_a6_s3. Note that this file ONLY includes the third section, because I want to test it separately before I incorporate it into the full map. For the last alpha build, which has sections 1 and 2, hit the link I put in the first post.

The normal download button in this thread will give you the new, ctf_haarp_a6_s3.

-------------------
ctf_haarp_a6_s3
-------------------

Layout changes:
-This build ONLY includes the third section. I want to test it seperately before incorporating it into the full map.
-The third section is designed differently from the first two, to address complaints people have had with ctf push. Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
I've begun detailing. Here's blue spawn:

ctf_haarp_a60000.jpg

Ten19

Jun 17, 2009
Aside from being able to bomb jump over the first point, you can also rocket jump on the side of the first point, getting you right up to the glass. A follow-up rocket jump gets you in the point.

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Kewl map spud