CTF Haarp rc

By Dr. Spud

1. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJbDUStIn2k"]YouTube- Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura - HAARP 1/5[/ame]

Kind of cheesy, but interesting stuff.

Some nice info on the real HAARP.

Might help, dunno. The 4 other parts are in related videos.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    The map itself is very very nice visually, but after a month or two of testing this, and todays test, the map seems to play out exactly the same if the teams are fairly balanced skill wise. It's always a steamroll to up until the final point, and then becomes a lengthy grind of struggling to push the last point.

This might just be ignorant hatespeech here, or atleast that's what I'm told by fans of this gametype, but I think the problem is the gametype rather than the map, and would love to see a CP version of this released alongside the A/D CTF ones.

3. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I and most other people would love to see a cp_haarp :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Hellfire

Hellfire L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    didnt actually see anything in _test6 that affected game balance. still, in most cases, blue can push to stage3 and then stuck there.

also,i can agree on CP-version but only after stage3 issue is resolved

and still, this was mah favorite ctf in the contest and it remains the same now :D

5. ANova

ANova L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    i like the new changes and i'm watching void's video

6. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    I liked how the new paths turned out, though I'm going to test this build more.

But note that today I saw Red defend stage 1,2, and 3 successfully, and I also saw Blu win. And only once (maybe twice?) did I see more than 1 sentry set up on defense. I'm not sure about it being a steamroll through stages 1 and 2... but like I said I need to test it some more.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  7. gustav

gustav L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It is entirely possible to defend in first stage on second point and second stage second point. I played as medic defending first stage and without even one sentry we defended on second point.

I don't know how about defending first points on all stages, seems impossible for me.

And small question. Any progress?

8. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    One small question question from a man, one giant bump for mankind.

9. Citizen Snips

Citizen Snips L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I absolutely love this map; it might be my #1 favorite map, custom or otherwise.

Is this the final version, or are you going to iron out any remaining kinks?

The only problem I have is that the first point of the third stage is very easy to rocket jump into, which makes it difficult to defend unless you have people on the point at that very instant. Otherwise, I think it's great, would love to see a final version, and pray that this is made official.

10. PMAvers

PMAvers L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Arise, thread! Thread, arise!

Dunno if it's a TF2 bug or a map bug, but recently we started playing HAARP again. Something we noticed is that often after a capture, the UI freaks out and brings up the standard CTF UI for a few seconds until the new intel re-spawns.

11. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah they broke it a few updates back and have yet to fix it. :/

12. Citizen Snips

Positive Ratings:
    I wish he'd fix any of the small bugs the map has so he can consider it finalized. It's still probably my favorite custom map.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. Citizen Snips

Positive Ratings:
    When people try downloading the map, it comes up as ctf_Haarp_test6. Is this a new version, or what?

14. Radaka

Radaka L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Spud's in China right now for some marching band function, but I'll be sure to pester him to fix it up when he gets back.

15. Citizen Snips

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, all right. Cause if he's hiding any updates from us, he'd better spill them grrrf

16. Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Woot! Marching band :p

17. Dr. Spud

aa Dr. Spud Grossly Incandescent

Positive Ratings:
    Oh I didn't realize people were talking on this thread.

I'm working on a new beta... off and on. I want to get another one out before summer is over. Which means probably a few more test versions first. I'm just sort of preoccupied with landfall.

Also I'm going to make a CP version, hopefully around the same time. It may or may not be great because the map was made for flags, but we'll see. I'll have to change around the CPs a bit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think il like the ctf version better but cool, glad to here its not abadonded.

19. Citizen Snips

Positive Ratings:
    So you're actually making a CP version?

Awesome.

20. Citizen Snips

Positive Ratings:
    So is this happening, or wha?