Haarp

CTF Haarp rc

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Powerlord

L3: Member
May 8, 2010
I noticed that the version information in the first post says that this map hasn't been updated for over a year, yet the file linked to by the Download button is ctf_haarp_test6.zip rather than a beta 2 download.

Why has this info not been updated?

Note: I only checked because we haven't had this on my server in a while and I was redownloading it... and some of my users already have beta 2.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
test6 wasn't actually a release, because it was supposed to be a test between b2 and b3. But I lost interest and never made a b3, so test6 is actually the latest version.

Queso2469

L1: Registered
Jan 24, 2010
I remember playing this map a while ago somewhere. It was fun but occasionally a little too large. Of course there were not many people playing at the time.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
It's still today by 48 minutes in the West Coast AKA Valve AKA TF2 official time.

CTF HAARP Test 7 released!
----------------------------------------------

ctf_haarp_test70000.jpg

----------------------------------------------

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1673

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
That picture scared me a little.

Is there a changelog?

Last edited by a moderator:

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
It is good day!

Sadly, Valve still hasn't fixed the A/D CTF HUD bug where it freaks out for a few seconds when you cap (until a new flag respawns).

That's not really anything that can be fixed on the map-side, though.

Did run into this:

haarpt7.jpg

Could be a graphics-card glitch, I dunno.

Curious to how the new version plays. Seems to be a new path to try to help break some of the more common stale-mate points. Is that upper flank path for the attackers above 2-2 new? Can't remember. Still slightly worried about "the trench of doom" there...

I swear the tunnel on stage 2 seems shorter. And the annoying one-way doors seem to be gone.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
There were some bad problems, I'm going to compile a new version real quick.

Among other things people pointed out, I forgot to pack the announcer sounds and put a visualizer behind cp 1-2 that prevents blue from reaching sentries. Oops.

ANova

L7: Fancy Member
Jul 16, 2009
So can you put my name in the skybox for me? (because this is the new nightfall)