Grinder

Grinder a10

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
I suspect both fishbus and icarus are actually a group of over 20 mappers, including many from this site, that are working under one name.

Or Icarus doesn't have school or job responsibilities to worry about.

PS. If you did sell your soul to Satan, can you give me his number? I can't find him in the directory.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Gameday bump

My notes:
-increase spawn time bonuses back to what they were before
-New capture times are good

Last edited:

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009
Not sure if these were design elements but i showed you the floor that didn't line up. here are a couple things i didn't show you in person.

cpgrindera80007.jpg

This space seems good for hiding in, yet you can't fit in it, intentional? :confused:

cpgrindera80006.jpg

The door frame doesn't align with the glass, intentional? :confused:

all around, lookin sexy as ever :thumbup:

Apr 19, 2009
I had fun on the older version because the cap times were very fast. The cap times are so long now that teams can get stuck in the HQ. All be it for a short time, but I really liked the quick cap times, it kept people on there toes. Even if you sped it up only a little bit I think i would be more fun.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
This is more or less going to be the final alpha release. After this, it's detailing, then BETA! Yay!

cp_grinder_a90000.jpg

Download from TF2Maps

Updated to Alpha 9:
-Increased respawn bonus for capturing CPs
-Half-detailed quadrant A

Phobos

L3: Member
Feb 22, 2009
I'm amazed to see how much a map changes and gets an own character with applied detailing. Although it still is close to architecture of Gravel Pit A, I absolutely don't think of Gravel Pit anymore when I look at the screenshot. The Hydro theme works very well.

There's something wrong with the pak-rat'd content in this alpha. Custom holograms and the HQ icons in the HUD aren't displayed (you know, checkerboard).

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
Holy hera!! That looks AMAZING! I can't wait to see the rest!

foxy sits in chair, trembling, holding knees and F5ing.

Psyphil

L3: Member
Nov 6, 2007
I absolutely love that u chose to use the hydro theme, it's used way to little in maps and fits perfect in your map! But what's the texture on the ramps? It doesn't look like TF2 at all and it doesn't fit with the surrounding textures either..

That building behind the A cap looks promising too, I'd love to see it develop into a BIG building like those in Hydro (but even better ;))

Keep on rocking! I will with excitement follow this map develop til it's final :)

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
I think you need to toss in a few full ammo packs around A and B. An engineer needs two things to build an impregnable sentry nest: metal, and time. Because of the ready access both sides have to the two cp areas, and the fact that there is no setup time, engineers currently have a vast lack of the second resource already.

Giving them more metal will at least make them useful as short term deterrents. Right now, there doesn't seem to be much point to go engy except at the last point, and usually by the time you realize you need sentries there, it's too late.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
shapeing up nicely. Dont know what I can say other than looking foward to more details.

There was discussion about cap times. It's all so subjective though. Last point got capped so it's not impossible.
I was thinking maybe A and B could cap quicker, if your team splits and /or is defending last point it takes quite awhile.
But it's not impossible either so... maybe it's fine as is.

I did get up on top of the model doorway from A to HQ (I think red). Good place for demo to hide, not sure if you want it or not.

Guardian

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
Looks awesome. Can't wait for B1.

I've always wanted a non-linear push CP map that wasn't a sniperfest like Desert fortress.