God damit developers

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
As for L4D2, well, I thought you guys were looking for new games...

Hahaha, DO NOT start people on this. I'm not even going to bother talking about it.

It is a new game though becuase-NO...must resist...must not start flame war...

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
All I want is MW2 and I don't really play a lot of games these days apart from TF2 so I have no interest in anything else.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I think AC could have been improved if there was more to actually do that wasn't that stupid flag hunt. (Made more difficult by the entire world being color-corrected to a washed out sandy tone.)

A randomized source of assassinate-this-guard missions would have been very helpful.

There were certainly several parts where my jaw just dropped and I had to sit back in appreciation, particularly at the lookout towers... Even if the haybale 300 feet down has physics-defying properties...

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
Even if the haybale 300 feet down has physics-defying properties...

Yeah, the haystacks were one of those eyebrow moments for me... Specially when you'd stand on the highest point in town then take a plunge down that would take something like 5-10 seconds of free falling, land on a haystack about your size, and walk it off.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Sponsored by the DeusExMachina Corp.?
ACME, actually. About the only product which never backfired on Wile E. Coyote was his ACME Cliff Momentum Annuller, allowing him to return from many recognition-delayed fatal plunges.

Some speculate it's power was derived from zero-point energy harnessed through recursive acronyms.

Specifically, bringing two words close enough together in a vacuum causes them to be slightly repellent to readers, due to the energy contained in the "whitespace" between them. This so-called "Light matter" is theorized to be part of what keeps our written universe together, even though we cannot read it with even our most powerful spellcheckers, only determining its presence indirectly.

Last edited:

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
To be honest, I have to agree with the dislike of AC, I played it. the missions are repetitive the only thing I found mildly exciting was climbing up and diving down. the story was good too, about the only thing which kept me playing until the end. I hated going to different areas, because aside from the different colour changes, the places were essentially the same. UGH. and the annoyingly stereotypical British voices as well. RAGE. that and my game crashed several times leaving me to think "Why am I rebooting my ps3?"

I enjoyed uncharted and I'll defiantly be looking into uncharted 2 when It comes out. it looks SO good.

Also, if anyone else is a ps3 owner, then the next game is simply a MUST buy. Ratchet and clank: A Crack In Time. Seriously 27th of October release date, and it looks IMMENSE.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
My Assassin's Creed 1 experience?
a) MUST. COLLECT. FLAGS.
b) COUNTER = GODMODE
c) FUTURE IS PRETENTIOUS

And I won't get Left 4 Dead 2 simply because I didn't really enjoy L4D1. No boycotting or anything, just wasn't my game.

But you "had" to play Braid "only" for "new-ness"? Braid was one of the highlights for me the past few years.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I loved AC, but then I played it when it came out on Steam, and I understand it had a few more mission types available than in the original console version.

As for L4D2, well, I thought you guys were looking for new games...

L4D2 is as much L4D1 as AC2 is AC1.

Both L4D2 and AC2 are set in a new environment, at a new time period, introduce new weapons and gameplay mechanics, as well as improve existing gameplay, introduce new kinds of enemies, new protagonists, are based on an improved engine... and that's just from what little PR has gone on for both games.

Seriously, I fail to see how you can be so adamant that L4D2 is L4D1. It's as much a new game as any other.

Wegason

L3: Member
Aug 16, 2009
I can see what his point is though in that L4D has not been supported in any way, shape or form like TF2 has been in terms of DLC.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Why hasn't anybody brought up God of War 3 yet? The first two games were epic, and pushed the PS2 to the max, think what the game will be like if it does the same for the PS3. Dante's Inferno also looks quite good.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I can see what his point is though in that L4D has not been supported in any way, shape or form like TF2 has been in terms of DLC.

For the length of time it's been out (under one year) it's had a nice ammount, afterall TF2 only had a few extra maps after the same amount of time, I think the goldrush update had only just come out, which meant TF2 had all of two new maps and three new weapons (admittedly with groundwork for more to come)

Whilst L4D currently has a new gamemode, the other campaigns released in VS mode and a whole load of new maps. With another campaign on the way in the next week or so.

There really isnt too much difference between the two game other than one has a shitton of replay value out of the box (TF2) and one was a little less thrilling after the first few weeks (L4D)

So uh, for the tl;dr in you: You're wrong. for the most part

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
L4D2 is as much L4D1 as AC2 is AC1.

Both L4D2 and AC2 are set in a new environment, at a new time period, introduce new weapons and gameplay mechanics, as well as improve existing gameplay, introduce new kinds of enemies, new protagonists, are based on an improved engine... and that's just from what little PR has gone on for both games.

Seriously, I fail to see how you can be so adamant that L4D2 is L4D1. It's as much a new game as any other.

Why would I play AC2? For the story.

Why would I play L4D2? For the gameplay experience.

AC2 will have enough new story for a full game. L4D2 will not have enough new gameplay experience for a full game.

L4D2 is as much L4D1 as Brood Wars was Starcraft, as Wrath of the Lich King was World of Warcraft, as any other expansion in the history of PC gaming has been the original game.

Even AC2 I could argue would be an expansion, because I think the vast majority of console-based games have "sequels" that are undeserving of that designation. But I got AC1 for the PC at a reduced price, and I plan on waiting and doing the same for AC2, so I don't consider myself cheated in that particular case.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
[ame]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/459-Left-4-Dead[/ame]

This pretty much sums up my opinion of L4D.

Played it once, was amusing. Played it again, has become boring. Plus it has an elite player base of sorts where for the most part as zombies you get shot and killed through walls. So unless you play it with real people (friends over LAN after a casual game experience) It's basically who can reach the end the fastest, which is often relative to the AI directors choice of when to supply the tank.

L4D was a big fat dissapointment, and i would demand my money back if i hadn't have baught it on a discounted weekend. As such, L4D2 holds little anticipation with me even if it is "new and improved". Which, as far as edible produce or house hold products has taught us, means removing or adding crap which shouldn't/should have been there in the first place.

I can only hope that L4D2 is as varied and replayable as the first, and i've never baught a game on hope alone. I've only baught games that have promised to deliver.

As for other titles. I'm pretty much only waiting for SC2 atm, but i tend to get a game that i like and stick with it until another comes along. A result of being a poor peasent of a child.

1993 DOOM> 1995 C&C> 1999 Half-Life/TFC> 2005 Dawn of War> 2007 TF2. Throw in some StarCraft, Red Faction 2 and GTA LAN parties and that's my personal gaming life. I leave the excessive game spending to my richer nerd friends, playing most blockbuster releases around their houses. Enjoying Resistance 2, GoW, GTA4 amongst a few other titles, but never justifying the cost of a console to allow myself to personally own these games and enabling me to play them at my leisure.

Last edited:

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Games I'm Waiting For.
By Dr. ROCKZO

Starcraft 2
Half Life: Black Mesa
L4D2.

There may be a sequel to this..

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
I'm waiting upon Modern Warfare 2, Assasins Creed 2, Mass effect 2, Left 4 Dead 2, No More Heroes 2, Dirt 2 and maybe Halo: ODST and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Notice something? They're all sequels or expansions.

I don't even expect to afford half of these, but I usually wait till after the holiday season to make my jump towards the new games rush.

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
My opinion of l4d and ac tends to be pretty much the same, they were both fun games that got old pretty fast, ac especially I regard as a "beat it and leave it" game. I can honestly say I doubt ill play though it again.

Despite this I will probably end up owning both l4d2 and ac2 eventually, though ill wait for the discounts on steam, I don't really view the games as worth $50 a piece...