General art thread

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
Some mspa styled thing
marina3.jpg

It'a a vampire. In my story they're a race evolved/selectively breeded from humans living on their own planet. Sunlight generally weakens them, but they can get used to it. They suck blood and hate garlic like vampires usually do, and have strange powers. Their technology is a bit more advanced than the humans', and they consider themselves a higher race, thus they don't give humans any rights and often hunt and eat them.

tldr: stuff nobody cares about

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Not really mine, but two character designs my friend made for our game Scarfly:

[image]

Looks like a Pokeyman.

EDIT: Sounds like one too actually.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
I probably do actually. Anyway...

littlesistersr.jpg

When I started playing BioShock 2, I was reminded how simultaneously cute, silly, and creepy the Little Sisters were, so I drew some.

littlesisternew.png

Then I liked the way I had drawn her, so I thought maybe I'd do some comics featuring her and her Alpha Series Big Daddy. This is my first attempt at inking a drawing of her, because I didn't want to screw up the real thing.

Last edited:

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
Ha ha, I never noticed the zoom tool cycles through all oversized images on the page like that. I guess fancybox or whatever we're using wasn't designed with forums in mind.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I still have some technical troubleshooting to do. The bust was rendered with Subsurface Scattering, and for whatever reason it totally destroyed my textures, especially the normals.