Overlay Extra Team Logos

Mr. Wimples

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 27, 2010
What about making the letters into the shape of a train? Take a look at RED and BLU: One's a bomb, the other's a wrench. Then maybe consider using some other type of font; RED is kinda classy cursive while BLU has a more calculated feel. Maybe a western-ish font for something train themed?

edit: And I'm all for the train theme, seems to fit better to me

Verno

L2: Junior Member
Jul 17, 2010
manygrn2.png

Here are some more logos that strictly focus on Railroad. I also dropped the pointy text and changed the font to a western style like Mr. Wimples suggested. The second one is suppose to have a little train in the R but the size of the picture makes it hard to tell. For the empty space below the curvy logo I could put in a train or maybe train wheels as though the text is the train body.

Make sure to tell me what you think and thanks again for all the feedback so far.

Empyre

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 8, 2011
How about the top right one, but with the train facing the opposite direction? In my opinion, the font of the G looks more like the front of a train, while the back of the N looks more like the back of a train.

Verno

Jul 17, 2010
I recently got back to working on the GRN logo and came up with this

Red logo / Blu logo / List of companies

GRN%20Final%202.jpg

How does it look?

For YLO (yellow) I was think of going with the full name as "Yukon Longshore Operation", unless you guys can come up with something better.

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
I can't think of any well-sounding word with "Y" but Yard.
Yardplace Logistic Organized.

Mar 23, 2010
YLO
You only live once​

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
For YLO (yellow) I was think of going with the full name as "Yukon Longshore Operation", unless you guys can come up with something better.

Yardwork (and) Landscaping Operation?

Yard Leveling Organization?

Yucky Lake Obfuscation? :D
I can't think of any well-sounding word with "Y" but Yard.
Yardplace Logistic Organized.
YLO
You only live once​
YLO - Yummy Little Onions

Clearly, the answer is "No, we can not come up with something better."

But maybe this can help with the hard part.

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Oh fuck yes

also is that a shoutout in there to the all time best music player

200px-Amarok.svg.png

Last edited:

Verno

Jul 17, 2010
The edges feel too clean. I feel like they should look more rough, watermarks, overlapping paper rip, etc.

I was worried about that too. I might ruff it up it be more in future iterations, particularly around the logo.

Isn't it supposed to be a metal plate? (gray colour under the scratches, as well as screw-holes)

While most of the companies in TF2 do have metal plate signs, some have posters (such as Icarus Airlines). I decided to go with a poster, because I felt that was more appropriate for a radio station. I could make a metal sign too though.

Oh fuck yes

also is that a shoutout in there to the all time best music player

200px-Amarok.svg.png

Actually no, just a coincidence. This poster is a reference to Fallout 3 though. The abbreviation GRN is similar to a company in Fallout 3 called GNR (they are also both radio related), so I made a reference to that for fun.

--

Thanks for the comments and also if people are interested enough in my signs I'll try to figure out how to turn them into the appropriate TF2 file for use in maps and upload them.

Last edited:

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
GRN probably makes use of roundedness in their architecture. Verdigris-ridden art deco would work. Either that or it is entirely just nucleus mid, the only structure in the game that uses any amount of green. Clearly, the reactor was built by GRN before their empire collapsed. As for YLO, I personally thought eastern styled buildings would be distinct enough.

Verno

Jul 17, 2010
I am resurrecting this thread from the dead just in time for the Pacific Pack with my pacific themed yellow (YLO) logo. I'm look for feedback on which style I should focus on and which color I should go with. I want to figure out what combination of icon (Red's bomb, Blu's wrench) and font looks the best. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. (fyi, "Yard" is meant to be short for shipyard; best I could do with the letter Y).

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
...augh! In the time between the original posting and this bump, the annoying appearance of YOLO on the internet has apparently made it so I can no longer like any of these when abbreviated that way. :(

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
The ones on the first row are best I think; Good logos should have you reading the text (YLO) first, not the design. The design should compliment the company name, not obscure it.