Engineer Update

Mexican Apple Thief

L3: Junior Member<br>LEAD FARMER
Aug 23, 2008
Fake updates are just for fun not for looking Valve like, even though that's probably a goal for the creator. I like it. I like the guard dog. I like fake updates.

LordNor

L3: Member
Jun 24, 2009
still better maps than hoodoo lol

lol :D, Also this kind of scares me in how well they designed it even though its fake. t if werent for their blatant use of ridiculous weapons/maps i would think it real

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Actually the portable dispencer looks pretty cool from the front. I think it's a good execution for an unoriginal idea.

They should probably combine the nailgun and emp concept though, so say, instead of the shotgun, he gets an emp, that lights up spies when cloaked in a similar manner to having used the teleporter (glowy feet sparks).

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
I believe that nail gun of theirs may just be the untextured model of one contained within TF2 by default, with a texture applied. I wasn't sure before, but every time I look at it I get more and more suspicious. The pressure gage on the side does look different from my memory of the model though... I haven't looked at that particular model recently to be sure.

Last edited:

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Whats even the pont of doing this fake updates :eek:hmy: looks like it takes ages to make those picts.

What's the point of anything?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
But sandvich is actually a good unlock?

Totally disagree there, the ability to shoot whilst running away to a safe spot for a heal or helth kit is far better than not being able to shoot whilst running for a safe spot to stand totally vulnerable for 4 seconds.

I also thought that the sandwich and jarate were two ideas too stupid to ever make it to us... but i was proven wrong.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Totally disagree there, the ability to shoot whilst running away to a safe spot for a heal or helth kit is far better than not being able to shoot whilst running for a safe spot to stand totally vulnerable for 4 seconds.

I also thought that the sandwich and jarate were two ideas too stupid to ever make it to us... but i was proven wrong.
the sandvich is good. you can quickly drop it and run over it for a quick health boost to just get away.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Well it's improved slightly now that it restores 100% health rather than 35% or what ever it was, and it's ok if you know you're going to stick to an ammo location. The trouble with the Heavy is that his primary weapon eats up ammo as fast as the pyro's flamethrower, but with a significantly less chance of picking up fallen weapons due to faster team mates strafing all over the place.

If you happen to get in an extended firefight you'll find yourself running back and forth from spawn to where ever you are (which is totally uncool as heavy), and with your fists out. Whereby you are taunted by any enemy you meet with a couple pot shots from their secondary weapon and a mocking humiliation blow from their melee. Being put in a position where a player has a clear advantage, so much so that he toys with you, is an imbalance.

Also, since the update, i've never seen a heavy drop his sandvich. So the supposed diversity of the heavies role is completely lost on me. It's only a bar above the one trick pony that is the razorback.