DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
LOL Arhurt!.

Buzzy

L1: Registered
Aug 9, 2008
Lol and what are you guys gonna do? Shoot the higgs boson with your entire army arsenal? :laugh:
OOEH BURN!!

Well I'm sure everything will be fine :). At least we europeans think things trough before doing something :laugh:. Nah just kidding. It'll be fine

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Hahaha, thats funny.

Oh, and I don't think we'd attack it with an army or anything. Just drop a few nukes (or neutron bombs maybe). Basically, all of Europe's problems can be solved with bigger bombs :-D

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
How stupid, If it COULD make a black hole capable of destroying the world (which it can't) then hacking the computers and potentially screwing up their equipment will only make it more likely....
Besides, if the world does get swallowed up it would happen so fast you'd barely have time to realise it wasn't an earthquake before you were the size of a single atom and without consiousness.
That indian girl who killed her self because 'she didn't want to see the end of the world'....... See how ignorant jeornalism has done equal-to-more damage than the collider itself (one man was killed in its construction) but he died in the progression of human knowledge about the universe, she died because some stupid jeornalist was too retarded to understand the facts given to them.
The problem is people thing that the fact it will recreate the big bang means there will be an explosion of some sort, but in actual fact if the particle colision were to happen less than an inch from your eyeball with nothing in between you and it (not even an eyelid) you would be 100% unharmed. The whole thing snowballs because jeornalists are push to make exciting headlines so anything along the lines of end of the world is great for them, but bad for the public, since they're just as uncapable of understanding the facts the scientists might give them, but they're getting a missinterpreted version to start with, so what hope have they got, then they tell their own friends even more distorted facts and you end up with people killing themselves because of it.

Basicly: "If you're a jeornalist and you write articles about stuff you don't understand and thus get it wrong (read: you are a jeornalist), I despise what you are doing to our world"

/rant

Bring on the discovery of the higgs-boson, I really want to know how this higgs field works and what implications it might have for future technology (stuff like MRI scanners couldn't have been made without all the particle research at places like cern so who knows what posible technology might come from the discoveries the LCH makes)

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Youme said:
How stupid, If it COULD make a black hole capable of destroying the world (which it can't) then hacking the computers and potentially screwing up their equipment will only make it more likely....

It kinda makes me think of the film 28 days later. In their ignorance animal rights activists set deseased animals free, trying to be "moral" about things but only causing the downfall of eventually the world (as seen in 28 weeks later).

Things like that agitate me to no end. Thankfully, that still remains in a science fiction film.

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
I agree, animal lovers will bring about the apocalypse.

Frikkin hippies.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
aye like the people blowing themselves up in places like Iraq, the more violence you cause the longer our troops will stay, even though you're trying to get them to leave.

Suicide bombers = FAIL (even bigger FAIL than CTFan :p)