Decompile error in gravelpit

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Mould, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Mould

Mould L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have a problem. I'm trying to make a few edits to gravelpit for a friend, just timer changes some health pack/ammo pack changes, nothing hyper special.

However, when I decompiled it, (used both the one on tf2maps and one vmexed myself) it opens with 4 invalid brushes. Hammer then crashes. Resaving it also causes a crash. If I reopen it again after saving, it has 1 invalid brush and the crash occurs again.

I can then open it after the 2nd resave, however, all of the entities are gone. There are stll brush entities (triggers areaportals etc) but no lights, models, logic or anything.

Opening the entity report gallery has a lot of 'missed' blank spaces. When scrolled down, some of the trigger entities are visible.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this, or a ready decompiled working version?

PS. This map was previously working before the MvM update, as was the vmf I was using I believe.

2. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    He said he already used that.

The Invalid Solids problem has been happening for quite a while now. I suggest installing Boojum's Ultimate Resource Pack for his fixed .FGD and try opening the Dustbowl .vmf in a previous version of Hammer, such as the CS:S or HL2 editions. Let them remove the invalid solids, save, then bring the map back into TF2 Hammer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I just have my Source 2009 SDK set up to accept Team Fortress 2 as an option, although I haven't tried compiling with it and the entities don't show the right icons. I assume compiling would be fine and installing the Resource Pack would fix the entities issue, yes?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Mould

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys, opening it in 2009 worked. However, a couple of entities were removved, such as the tf_gamerules. Think that can be redone though.

Cheers

6. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    tf_gamerules aren't really important. They're created automatically. People just like to have the entity there so that the I/O's appear "working" in the I/O window. It's completely aesthetical.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  7. Mould

Positive Ratings:
    How do you set respawn times without tf_gamerules? I never knew.

8. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    A logic_auto with OnMapSpawn > rules > SetRedTeamRespawnWaveTime > 10 and a similar output for Blu. Believe by default it's 2/10 blu/red for a/d maps.